Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Georgia teacher arrested on suspicion of having sex with students

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:12 AM
Last updated 7:53 PM

DARIEN, Ga. -- A former McIntosh County math teacher remains in jail after her arrest on suspicion of having sex with three of her students, the McIntosh County Sheriff’s Office said.

Lori Carmichael Quigley, 41, is charged with three counts of sexual assault upon a person under supervision or discipline, Maj. Danny Lowe said.

All three of the male students at McIntosh Academy were at least 16, Lowe said.

Although 16 is the age of consent in Georgia, the law forbids school personnel from having sex with students.

All of the sexual encounters occurred on school property, Lowe said. He did not elaborate but said Quigley had taught the victims.

Quigley resigned her job a couple of weeks ago but has not admitted any wrongdoing, Lowe said.

She was arrested Friday and has been denied bail, he said.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/14 - 07:28 am
Common Occurrence

This is getting to be a common occurrence. I wonder why she was denied bail?

my.voice
my.voice 03/18/14 - 08:06 am
Good heavens, have you seen

Good heavens, have you seen her mug shot? Must be a school for the blind.

GiantsAllDay
11959
GiantsAllDay 03/18/14 - 08:58 am
MyVoice, I saw the mugshot

MyVoice, I saw the mugshot and your point is well taken. However what she looked like everyday at school and how she appeared on the day of the mugshot may not be the same. The reason for no bail is her looks. The amount of bail is inversely proportional to the teachers level of hotness. As a math teacher she should have known about the law of inverse hotness. Research Debra LaFave if you don't believe me.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/14 - 11:30 am
GAD, Haha. Yep, I remember

GAD, Haha. Yep, I remember HER.

Sweet son
Sweet son 03/18/14 - 11:41 am
No crime! Just hormones!

Can any male say he did not have a thing for at least one of his teachers at age 16? Probably not.

nocnoc
nocnoc 03/18/14 - 01:09 pm
Yep saw the mugshot

at 1st my search lead me to the wrong picture at "E***joe.com"
then I found the correct picture.

YEP !!!! Hormones
But then again actually either one would have been Hormone related.

itsanotherday1
52065
itsanotherday1 03/18/14 - 01:59 pm
Some boys would have sex with

Some boys would have sex with a snake if someone would hold it.

Stunned 2
Stunned 2 03/18/14 - 05:14 pm
True comments, But the treat & possibility of STD's isn't funny

(I started to correct my mis-spelled word, but treat makes as much sense as threat ) Promiscuous teachers are could easily infect young teenagers with STD's with life-long health perils. There usually are severe emotional battles for students that have fallen victim of a teacher that was a sexual predator

whyme
whyme 03/18/14 - 08:13 pm
And the jokes resume

Isn't it fun to make light of this situation? Typical of the population reading and posting on this website. Perhaps you didn't notice the headline: arrested on suspicion. Which, to you folks, obviously means she is guilty. And that is a common occurrence. That's right, in this country you are guilty until proven innocent. And while you are at it, try to outdo each other on the snide comments and innuendos. She may end up being found guilty and justice should be served but if she is found innocent, she now carries this humiliation with her forever. Sure hope this never happens to anyone you know. (p.s. stunned 2: thought your typo was STDs, which should not have an apostrophe)

whyme
whyme 03/19/14 - 08:31 am
it figures!

Not surprised, my comment received a number of thumbs down. Your actions only support my statement. I rest my case.

Augusta EEO coordinator fired; HR director quits

The Augusta Commission voted Monday to fire Equal Employment Oppor­tu­nity Coordinator Jacqueline Humphrey and accept the resignation of Human Resources Director Tanika Bryant, adding to ...