And groundhog prediction is ...

Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014 8:33 AM
Last updated 8:39 AM

PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. — The handlers for  groundhog   Punxsutawney Phil say he's forecasting six more weeks of what already has felt like a brutally long and cold winter.

Pennsylvania's famed   groundhog   emerged from his lair in front of thousands of fans around daybreak Sunday.

Legend has it that if the furry rodent sees his shadow on Feb. 2, winter will last another month-and-a-half. If he doesn't see it, spring will come early.

teaparty
teaparty 02/02/14 - 10:15 am
"The handlers for groundhog

"The handlers for groundhog Punxsutawney Phil say he's forecasting six more weeks of what already has felt like a brutally long and cold winter."
Welcome to global warming

swcohen
swcohen 02/02/14 - 10:46 am
Phil has nothing on me

I confidently predict that winter will end on Thursday, 20 March, just a few minutes past 1:00PM, EST. Predict? No, I guarantee it.

Superbowl prediction? I don't have a clue.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 02/02/14 - 10:49 am
Paging ALgore Paging

Paging ALgore Paging ALgore... please report to the MV Akademik Shokalskiy... It has been freed from the ice!

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 02/02/14 - 10:51 am
y'all should pick up a book

y'all should pick up a book and read.

Bizkit
Bizkit 02/03/14 - 09:32 am
Man that's one fat

Man that's one fat groundhog-no wonder he sees his shadow. More cold????? Hmmmm. I wonder if he is tasty? We should ask the Groundhog about global warming-it would probably be a better predictor than the scientist. I think he is hinting towards another mini-ice age. I would love the irony.