Justin Bieber arrested in Miami

Thursday, Jan. 23, 2014 9:52 AM
Last updated 9:55 AM

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — Police say pop singer Justin Bieber has been arrested after drag racing on a Miami Beach street in a yellow Lamborghini and failing a sobriety test.

Miami Dade-Police spokesman Sgt. Bobby Hernandez tells WSVN in South Florida that officers saw two cars racing at 4:09 a.m. Thursday.

Hernandez says two vehicles apparently had been used to block off an area for the drag race. He says the second car was a red Ferrari, and that driver was also arrested. Both cars were towed.

Hernandez says Bieber failed a field sobriety test and was taken to the Miami Beach police station for a Breathalyzer and processing. Hernandez says Bieber will be transported soon to the Miami-Dade County jail.

David Parker
David Parker 01/23/14 - 09:57 am
When I broke the news to my

When I broke the news to my tween, he said "YES!!!". He don't like J-Biebs

corgimom
corgimom 01/23/14 - 10:18 am
Many of us older ones do not,

Many of us older ones do not, either.

A classic child star that winds up running the show- and doing it very badly, he makes too much money for his hangers-on to tell him no.

David Parker
David Parker 01/23/14 - 11:02 am
I enjoy his antics and

I enjoy his antics and escapades as I did with Lindsey and Britt. It's not real right?

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 01/23/14 - 11:15 am
Surprise, surprise! He's

Surprise, surprise! He's been spiraling out of control for a while now. It's a shame that most of these young stars end up on the wrong side of success. All the money in the world won't mean a thing when you end up in the morgue for doing something stupid.

csralookout
csralookout 01/23/14 - 11:37 am
I can't belive this

No, not the Biebs!!!!!!!!!

David Parker
David Parker 01/23/14 - 12:22 pm
Frame-job i bet. He's a

Frame-job i bet. He's a little angel.

need more posts to get this to the top of the "Most Discussed". It'll happen.

mc
mc 01/23/14 - 12:44 pm
Canada

Can we send him back to Canada and keep him there.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 01/23/14 - 06:40 pm
Who cares?

Eventually he will self destruct and it won't be newsworthy then either.

IBeDogGone
IBeDogGone 01/23/14 - 08:49 pm
Well

Well who won the race the yellow Lamborghini or the red Ferrari? The Ferrari I bet Red Cars are always the fastest!

markhoward
markhoward 01/23/14 - 09:40 pm
It's never too late!

There is hope for Justin Bieber! I crashed my car head on into a brick wall stoned & drunk out of my mind at 55 MPH & my best friend was killed. My dad died on November 29, 1982, while I was away at college in Kansas on a running scholarship. I started drinking & smoking weed to cope with the loss of my dad! My Coach kicked me off the track team for drinking too many beers, and getting out of control. I was close to hitting bottom and I didnt even realize it. This is what the Bible has to say about living a sinful life: Galatians 6:7,8: "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life." In March of 1984 I was partying with some friends in the parking lot of the United Artist's Cinemas in Santa Ana, California where I worked. At the end of the evening I was driving home drunk out of my mind, and a friend of mine named Brett was a passenger in the car. I lost control of the car and crashed into a brick wall. I lived but my friend Brett died. This was a wake up call to me! Jesus Christ has set me free! Without Jesus Christ, I would have never made it in life! Justin Bieber needs Jesus Christ to set him free!!!

stuaby
stuaby 01/23/14 - 11:49 pm
Another AP story

It amazes me how celebrity DUI stories are reported as if the celebrity killed someone. What is the ulterior motive here? I wish the Augusta Chronicle would find some other source than the AP for it's feeds.

myfather15
myfather15 01/24/14 - 05:13 am
Who cares!!! This is ZERO

Who cares!!! This is ZERO news!! I seen this yesterday and didn't even want to comment, it's such brab!! I absolutely couldn't possibly care less about ANY celebrity and their behavior!! Especially some teenage brat!! Let's move on!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/14 - 06:07 am
Zero news is right

Empty life & zero news.....that is killing our young folks.imo

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/24/14 - 06:26 am
A Dying Career

Dying for Attention.

He'll get a slap on the wrist, Probation, pay a fine, and walk away richer for the MEDIA BAD BOY Image he now wants.

Just like too many other Hollywood types do in their later years of their Teen careers moving into adulthood careers.

It is called Image Change

Bizkit
Bizkit 01/24/14 - 09:16 am
Justa Beaver??? Never heard

Justa Beaver??? Never heard of em' now Justin Timberlake has got talent and one incredible gorgeous wife-little weasel. Bieber a evangelical christian singer-that I'd gotta see-I bet the darling of the media would be spurned.