SC teacher arrested for sex with student

Friday, Dec. 13, 2013 8:39 AM
Last updated 6:33 PM

GREER, S.C. — A Greer woman has been charged with having sex with a high school student while she was a teacher.

Thirty-one-year-old Jessica Ruth Bollinger was charged this week with sexual battery with a student 16 or 17 years of age. It was not clear if she has an attorney.

An arrest warrant says there was no coercion involved with the 17-year-old male student at Greer High School.

The warrant says the sexual contact occurred between Oct. 1, 2012, and June 5.

Bollinger is a former choral teacher who resigned Nov. 22. She had taught at Greer since 2004.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 12/13/13 - 10:00 am
I want to say...what is wrong

I want to say...what is wrong with people? But, I already know the answer.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/13/13 - 10:04 am
How do the laws in SC & GA work regarding the age of consent?

Would she have in the clear IF, she was playing COUGAR, and resigned from teaching before they took that extra step?

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 12/13/13 - 10:17 am
Wonder if she helped him hit

Wonder if she helped him hit the high notes..... heh heh

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 12/13/13 - 10:44 am
Yes, yes, yes! A crime was

Yes, yes, yes! A crime was committed here! The crime was that this didn't happen to me when I was 17.
:-(
Here is how the cops should be handling this. Give him the luckiest boy in America medal. LOL
Hey AC, how about a picture of the teacher?

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 12/13/13 - 10:48 am
Just one word of warning to

Just one word of warning to all you 17 year old senior boys out there: PLEASE listen and take heed! If you keep bragging to your friends about having sex with your hot teacher, these ladies are probably going to stop doing it.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 12/13/13 - 10:56 am
Holy crap, DawgnSC! Thanx

Holy crap, DawgnSC! Thanx for the pic. I had crushes on several teachers in my school days. I didn't have the looks or the self confidence to date them, however.

myfather15
myfather15 12/13/13 - 11:59 am
Just like a liberal to want

Just like a liberal to want to reward her for immoral behavior!!

There is NO DOUBT, that a 17 year old boy is NOT traumatized by this encounter. I agree that as a 17 year old boy, I had several teachers that I would have LIKED to have had this same encounter with!! But guess what? I never heard of ANY of our teachers EVER getting in trouble for this!! Why? Because their moral standards weren't as low as some people ON HERE and quite a few teachers today!! They had HONOR and INTEGRITY!! They wouldn't have ever had sex with a student, it was unthinkable.

Let me reiterate; I'm NOT upset with the 17 year old, I AM demeaning a TEACHER and ANY teacher who would have sex with their teenage student!! She deserves to NEVER teach again and at least a misdemeanor charge put on her!!

Dixieman
Dixieman 12/13/13 - 01:55 pm
And another thing

Why, oh why, did this not occur back in the day when I was 17???

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 12/13/13 - 02:04 pm
When I went to high school, I

When I went to high school, I knew a guy who was having sex with a teacher. Many, many of us knew it. And her looks were about on par with this teacher. I found out that, several years later, she moved in with some guy who treated her like crud and beat her routinely. She definity had self-worth issues.

playlikethunder
playlikethunder 12/13/13 - 02:44 pm
THE COMMENTS BY MYFATHER15

THE COMMENTS BY MYFATHER15 ARE ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS-YOU SOUND AS THOUGH YOU WERE HIT ON BY A TEACHER BACK IN THE DAY , BUT, SUCCUMBED TO PERFORMANCE ANXIETY.WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE MORALITY ?? LET ME PARAPHRASE A LEWIS GRIZZARD COMMENT HE MADE IN REFERENCE TO VANESSA WILLIAMS NUDE PENTHOUSE MAGAZINE PHOTOS MADE "WHEN SHE WAS YOUNG"- I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU,BUT WHERE I COME FROM, 17 IS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW NOT TO TAKE YOUR PANTS OFF".

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/13/13 - 03:39 pm
Columbia County has no such

Columbia County has no such teachers.

specsta
specsta 12/13/13 - 04:04 pm
Double Standard

Okay, a 31-year-old female teacher has sex with a 16 or 17 year old male student and folks are joking about how lucky he is.

A 31-year-old male teacher has sex with a 16 or 17 year old female student and folks will want him put under the jail.

See the problem here?

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 12/13/13 - 04:07 pm
Gave u a thumbs up Dixieman.

Gave u a thumbs up Dixieman. And I don't give those out very often

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 12/13/13 - 04:11 pm
Specta, no problem at all.

Specta, no problem at all. Just human beings acting like human beings. But sadly, she has to go to jail. Boys, don't brag about this to your friends. OK? Hot teachers are going to stop having sex with you.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/13/13 - 05:19 pm
myfather

Would that charge be call "misdewinner"

myfather15
myfather15 12/13/13 - 07:14 pm
Specsta,

The bottom line is, any TEACHER, with a responsibilty to help our youth learn, should NOT be engaging in this type of activity!! It doesn't matter whether it was consensual or not. These people are supposed to have more discipline and standards than to "sleep" with their students. Sex of the teacher and student doesn't matter, both should be punished equally!! But I don't have to say this, the LAW says it pretty clearly!!

myfather15
myfather15 12/13/13 - 07:15 pm
CG

After looking at the photo, I'm not sure I would call either a "winner".

Grandpa Jones
Grandpa Jones 12/14/13 - 04:43 am
......

Kind of feel sorry for these teachers (and other professionals) who spend time getting a degree, becoming certified and then turning around losing it all for a few minutes of illicit pleasure.

myfather15
myfather15 12/14/13 - 06:32 am
Grandpa

I wouldn't exactly say I feel sorry for them, but I'm certainly amazed that they would risk all that, to sleep with a teenager. Probably a teenager who has no idea what they're doing in bed.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/14/13 - 06:44 am
teenager who has no idea what they're doing in bed.

Hmmm myfather.....I think some do!!

soapy_725
soapy_725 12/14/13 - 10:08 am
chased him around the music room til she caught him by the organ

chased him around the music room til she caught him by the organ

myfather15
myfather15 12/14/13 - 04:23 pm
seenitB4

Yes, some probably do, but experience is usually the best teacher in that category; but I could be wrong.

Also, is that worth risking a career?