Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

White Road hit-and-run kills 2

Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 1:51 AM
Last updated 6:47 AM

Richmond County sheriff's deputies were on the scene of a hit and run that claimed two lives early this morning.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

According to a news release, two people died in a hit and run accident in the 2200 block of White Road.

They have been identified as Jerry Mims, 58, of Augusta, and Tonya Lane, 54, of Augusta by Deputy Coroner Kennetth Boose. Autopsies are scheduled later today at the GBI lab in Atlanta, he said in an e-mail.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/02/13 - 06:08 am
No sidewalk

Tall grass on 1 side and dirt strip on the Railroad side.

Awaiting details on whether it was accidental, a drunk, train related, or deliberate?

Either way leaving scene just got a person a few years at our expense.

jus sayin'
jus sayin' 11/02/13 - 09:40 am
nocnoc

Come on, how about a little sympathy for the victims' families?

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 11/02/13 - 11:09 am
Hit and

RUN means the person who MURDERED Mr. Mims and Ms. Lane is pure, unadulterated scum. God bless Ms. Lane and Mr. Mim's Souls.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/02/13 - 12:07 pm
OMG how awful my sympathies

OMG how awful my sympathies and prayers to the families. I can't believe another human being could just drive off after hitting someone-well drop that they don't qualify as a "human being" come think of it. A human being wouldn't drive off.

smiling2behappy01
smiling2behappy01 11/02/13 - 01:23 pm
Sending Prayers & Condolences to Jerry Mims &Tonya Lane,

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you on behalf of Jerry Mims & Tonya Lane . Tho I don't know either of them, But dear Lord you know them . I ask you dear Lord to please forgive them of there sins when they stand before you . And let them be able to go to heaven My heart goes out to them. I also lift up there precious, precious families that are left behind in dealing with their loss of there loved ones & hafin to deal with the funeral arrangements. Dear Lord Jesus, please be with the whole families and please give them strength, hope, love, guidance, assurance, peace, comfort at this time Lord, but also please put your loving arms all around them and whisper in their ears of saying, encouraging words to them all . Dear Heavenly Father, I love you & I praise your holy name & I claim this prayer in the name of The Father, Son & The Holy Spirit . Amen

anotherlook
anotherlook 11/03/13 - 04:52 pm
They were only with us a short while...

They had attended services at our downtown church and we were blessed to share a meal and fellowship with Jerry and Tonya. They seemed to really have a sincere interest in having a relationship with God. They were precious to us and we feel great loss and a genuine sadness sympathy for their families. We will try to share whatever burdens the families are carrying. But most importantly, we will continue to pray.

Judgenotme
Judgenotme 11/03/13 - 05:42 pm
Respect

I personally knew both Jerry and Tonya, we had our differences. But no matter what a person does in their life it is surely a sad thing for them to die. Some of the comments make me upset. Did yall know that she left behind a daughter? Did you know she left behind a mother? Prayers are what should be said for them and the ones left behind to mourn them. Yes I have been crying crying for the way I treated Tonya for the way she was was her. I ask that God comfort the ones who judge not for what these two did but for who they are. Lord Please let us have comfort in our time of hurting...