West Georgia mattress movers face charges

Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 7:48 AM
Last updated 7:14 PM

COLUMBUS, Ga. -- A man and woman were arrested for reckless conduct after police observed the woman driving with a mattress on her roof — and the man laying on top of the mattress, according to Columbus police.

The Ledger-Enquirer reports about 4 a.m. Wednesday, patrolling officers saw a Jeep driving on 2nd Avenue with an unsecured mattress on its roof.

After initiating a traffic stop, the officer reportedly asked the driver, Samantha Tate, why there was a man laying on her mattress, and no straps.

“Our ratchet straps broke,” she said, according to the report.

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 10/25/13 - 08:13 am
Saw the same thing on the way

Saw the same thing on the way to the dump some years ago.

A private trash pickup truck with 8' plywood side panels in the back went by, full of trash to the top of the plywood. There was an old mattress on top of the trash, and a man holding on for dear life laying on top of the mattress.

Had the mattress gone airborne...

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/25/13 - 08:46 am
Ga Law does say

All trash loads must be covered to avoid road side litter.

(insert smile)

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/25/13 - 09:10 am
This is GA. This is Jerry Springer Heaven folks. All aboard.

This is GA. This is Jerry Springer Heaven folks. All aboard.

David Parker
David Parker 10/25/13 - 09:27 am
4 am trash run. They sound

4 am trash run. They sound desperate. I may have given them a pass and had them leave the matress on the roadside while they find some way to secure it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/25/13 - 09:43 am
If the label had come off

That's too dangerous. If the label had come off they would be in big trouble. Heh.

my.voice
my.voice 10/25/13 - 09:55 am
This is more up Austin Rhodes

This is more up Austin Rhodes alley news-wise.

bentman
bentman 10/25/13 - 10:02 am
Hey! Watch this!

Hey! Watch this!

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 10/25/13 - 10:06 am
Sounds like some future

Sounds like some future Darwin Award winners..

ragingbull
ragingbull 10/25/13 - 11:29 am
Sounds like an old polish

Sounds like an old polish joke.....well, never mind.

Sweet son
Sweet son 10/25/13 - 12:14 pm
Traveling on Bobby Jones yesterday morning I saw a complete

pickup truck bed liner laying just off the roadway next to the divider wall! LOL! Wonder what the driver thought happened to his liner? LOL!

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/25/13 - 12:30 pm
Just like a Democrat. First

Just like a Democrat. First he believed them when they told him he never had to get out of bed again for anything....and now he's looking to try out his new Obamacare.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 10/25/13 - 12:31 pm
YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK

YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF.......yeah, this one's perfect for that Jeff Foxworthy bit!
Don't you just wonder how that conversation went??
"YOU get on top!"
"No, YOU get on top!"
"Look here...I got on top last time! You said next time we gotta move a mattress, that YOU would get on up there! So GET!"
"Shoot! Momma always said you were the smart one in the family! Give me a boost! And if you see a cop, floor it! I'll be alright if I fly off! I'll just land on the mattress!"

happychimer
happychimer 10/25/13 - 01:20 pm
just like a democrat? I could

just like a democrat? I could say just like a republican and tell a few jokes, but I choose not to.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 10/25/13 - 01:59 pm
Looks like you just did.

Looks like you just did.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 10/25/13 - 02:00 pm
The story is hilarious, but

The story is hilarious, but don't try it.

Partnerships needed in cyber sectors, NSA director says

Adm. Michael Rogers, director of the National Security Agency, said the nation's security rests on breaking down bariers between private and government sectors specializing in cyber defense. ...