Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta man shot; 2 sought

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 5:31 AM
Last updated 9:28 PM

Police are searching for two men after a home invasion at Walden West Apartments late Tuesday.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

Marquell Gilbert, 28, underwent surgery at Georgia Regents Medical Center on Wednesday for gunshot wounds to the abdomen and right thigh. His condition has not been released.

At 11:35 p.m., two men kicked in an apartment door at the complex at 2219 Walden Drive, grabbed Gilbert off the sofa and dragged him outside, according to a Richmond County sheriff’s incident report.

Gilbert was able to get away from the men and started running back into the house when one suspect pulled out a handgun and began firing. The suspects then ran away, the report said.

A witness told police they ran south on Walden Drive and one man got into a car.

Suspect information has not been released.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/21/13 - 04:39 am
Unreal

Unreal. Assuming this is some kind of thing, what if they had kicked in the wrong door?

corgimom
corgimom 08/21/13 - 04:43 am
Riverman, it happens all the

Riverman, it happens all the time, criminals ain't too bright

ragingbull
ragingbull 08/21/13 - 05:58 am
It was the Amish Mafia!

It was the Amish Mafia!

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 08/21/13 - 07:05 am
Shooting

Wrong door, wrong victim, armed victim - dead criminal?

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/21/13 - 07:56 am
Bad things happen to normal

Bad things happen to normal people.

We keep a anti-kick bars in place in, our house during the nights.

Again A shot in the leg.
But some real meat this time also.

Hope the guy heals.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 08/21/13 - 09:25 am
he was profiled and shot like

he was profiled and shot like trayvon....lets call the "justus brutha's" rev al and jessie and get the students from paine college to start a march

Darby
Darby 08/21/13 - 10:22 am
"We keep a anti-kick bars in place in, our

house during the nights."

As do we, although I also installed ornamental steel doors in front of the standard entrance doors, front and back. That was prompted by the burglar my wife and I walked in on that I've mentioned before.

In spite of that, we live in what I still consider to be a very nice neighborhood.

Go figure!

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/21/13 - 04:47 pm
When we move in to a new house.

We knock on every next door and backyard fence neighbors door.
I introduce my Wife and Myself.
We given them a business card and my Email Address.
If they have any problems to call me.
If they see something odd around my house to call me.
We are very clear call 24/7 Don't worry better safe than sorry.
We ask if they sleep later or sleep early so as not to disrupt them by the times we mow grass or weed.

We have made a lot of good friends that way.

It also lets us see what type neighbors we can depend on or avoid.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 08/21/13 - 08:02 pm
I Know You Won"t Believe This.

The house we built and lived in from 1977 to 2012, never had a key for it.

The new one on the same property is secured.

Maybe I should play the lottery.

corgimom
corgimom 08/22/13 - 04:54 am
I hope Marquell considers

I hope Marquell considers leaving town after this, somebody out there doesn't like him.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 08/22/13 - 03:52 pm
looks like marquell owed

looks like marquell owed money for drugs he couldn't pay or was part of a rival gang....if it was a random robbery then why drag him outside, not ramsack the house or steal anything on his person....well just another day in the "monkey hood" and of course he didn't see anything or know who did it...or in his words.."yo..i anint not seen nuthin and i aint not kino who shoot-tid me cause i be was sleep and dey woked me up in da nite and surprised-did me and i aint see'd dem i tink dey may be 2 wite boys fo sho"