Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man, woman dead in murder-suicide, police say

Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:21 AM
Last updated 7:06 PM

A man and woman were found dead early Sunday after Richmond County sheriff's deputies responded to a call about gunshots in the 3500 block of Crawfordville Drive.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

According to a police statement, the two were arguing around 1:30 a.m. when Timothy Lee, 34, shot Angela Lee, 37, then killed himself.

Autopsies will be performed at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in Augusta on Tuesday, Deputy Coroner Kenneth Boose said.

Darby
Darby 06/30/13 - 10:01 am
Always wonder what goes through the minds

of these people who kill others, then themselves.

What do they think they have accomplished, really??

dashiel
dashiel 06/30/13 - 10:55 am
Just a guess

Two homicides?

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 06/30/13 - 11:27 am
Attn: dashiel

P L E A S E - it's bad enough as it is - your 'guessing' is not helping things one bit! It is a terrible tragedy and I feel so sorry for those that are left behind. May the two that are not on this earth anymore rest in peace.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 06/30/13 - 03:04 pm
God bless

Mrs. Lee's soul.

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 06/30/13 - 03:12 pm
To Truly Worried

I agree. We don't know why or any circumstances and there by the GRACE of GOD go us who today haven't reached this point. We don't know if they had children. I'm positive that someone is hurting deeply for these losses and pray for God and kind words to comfort them. We are guaranteed nothing on this earth except God's eternal love. Please, others who feel the need to condemn, don't do it here. That's why we have online forums "tweeter, FB and others". Have some compassion for those who are hurting.

Darby
Darby 06/30/13 - 04:43 pm
"Two homicides?"

Flippant answer to a serious question.

What kind of warped mind sees any kind of solution in taking the life of another simply because he cannot himself deal with life?

whyme
whyme 06/30/13 - 07:20 pm
because they can

So glad for once I see other people calling out some of the posters on here. You're entitled to your opinion, but time and place, people, and have some class. As long as this forum is allowed to operate in this manner I guess we'll have to keep calling them out.
With that said, my prayers to all those involved.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 06/30/13 - 08:48 pm
I heard

through a credible source that it happened in front of their kids - ages 7 and 9. I feel so sorry for the kids. I hope whoever is responsible for them gets them the help they will need to get through this tragedy.

Austin Rhodes
Austin Rhodes 06/30/13 - 09:11 pm
...and a 17 year old child...

...was home as well. This was no "light weight" couple. He was a Port Authority employee (possibly officer) in Savannah...and she was a Captain in the Army.

Young Fred
Young Fred 06/30/13 - 11:42 pm
I feel bad..

..Very bad, for the person murdered. I feel only contempt for the person whom took their own life and that of another.

I've got four step-children who had to live through their father taking the easy way out without even an ounce of consideration of those he was leaving behind. Though all 4 are now adults, they, to this day wrestle with what was done. It is something that has had a profound and permanent effect on their lives.

I don't know the details, and possibly I'm out of line. Perhaps my personal experience has warped my ability to think clearly about this.

I hope the kids can find peace. It won't be easy, but it is possible. I pray they have family members, strong family members, that can step up and help these kids through.

With everything going on in this world, all the things that tick me off, news like this hurts me to my very core.

corgimom
corgimom 07/01/13 - 03:41 am
Usually the one murdered is

Usually the one murdered is trying to leave the murderer, and it's a situation of "I can't live without you, you can't leave me, if I can't have you nobody will"

eschamb
eschamb 07/01/13 - 04:23 am
At Least The Person Did It Right

No ambulance needed or ER visit.

myfather15
myfather15 07/01/13 - 05:02 am
Corgimom

And you get this professional opinion, where? As someone who has worked NUMEROUS similar incidents; you shouldn't make uneducated guesses for the reason. Why? Because you actually don't have the slightest clue why this happened. There are literally THOUSANDS of reasons why this could happen. Substance abuse, financial problems, mentall illness, jealously, parental issues and these are just a few.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 07/01/13 - 06:09 am
Although we have previous

Although we have previous posters begging for sensitivity, we have Austin Rhodes measuring the weight of the couple and, then, the comment from eschamb. I do appreciate Myfather's comment.

corgimom
corgimom 07/01/13 - 07:01 am
Because most of the things

That's why I used the word "Usually". Because that is USUALLY true.

As I'm sure you know, for women, the time they are most likely to be a victim of a homicide is when they tell their spouse that they are leaving them.

And you don't need to be a professional anything to know that.

And personal and marital issues appear to be the cause. Not mental illness, not jealousy, or any other reasons that you cite.

myfather15
myfather15 07/01/13 - 08:12 am
Corgimom

"Because most of the things that you mentioned don't precipitate a murder and a suicide, myfather."

Oooh, ok. Thanks for the enlightment.

I guess I was mistaken to believe that substance abuse, mental illness, financial problems and jealousy and parental issues; have led to murder and suicide.

Some people are probably scratching their heads on the parental issue one; I mentioned that one from actual experience. I worked a murder where the parents were arguing about the discipline of the children. Man shot the woman and fled to Texas; how do we know that's what they were arguing about? Two of the children told us, he also took them with him to Texas. BUT, it probably didn't help the situation that he was an alcoholic and abused prescription pain pills. Of course, one could say that ANYONE who would kill their spouse over the discipline of the children is "crazy" to begin with, if they let it get that far. So mental illness could also play in that, with substance abuse and parental issues. But hey, strike all those out of my first comment, no way those could ever cause or "precipitate" murder OR suicide; my bad.

Austin Rhodes
Austin Rhodes 07/01/13 - 09:20 am
Palmetto...

...if your feelings are hurt that I attempt to "flesh out details" in a strange story like this, I suggest you block my posts.

Filling in the blanks is what I do...have done...and will continue to do here when I am able.

YES...there are different kinds of people in the world, and that means their lives and works are in fact distinguishable from others. While I am never happy to see a dead possum in the road, I always feel worse when I see an obviously well cared for and loved dog or cat in the same position.

The Lees were not street trash. They were not parasites. They were not street thugs gravitating from one crime to the next. They were NOT light weights.

Contrast their life and example to that of the career criminal who died fighting through taser fire over the weekend. HUGE difference.

Insensitive? Not a bit. Just telling it like it is.

corgimom
corgimom 07/01/13 - 09:27 am
Look, myfather, chill out.

Look, myfather, chill out. The investigation has already determined it was over personal/marital issues, don't you get that? I already knew that when I posted it, perhaps you didn't.

And I'm not disagreeing with you. USUALLY means MOST OF THE TIME BUT NOT ALWAYS.

Now, again, relax yourself. Gee whiz.

But just for the record, I don't much care if you agree with me or not.

Guntoter 2
Guntoter 2 07/01/13 - 09:38 am
@ Austin Rhodes

Very well stated sir.

daphne3520
daphne3520 07/01/13 - 10:35 am
Most of you Naysayers

need alot of help with your psychological aberations!

Darby
Darby 07/01/13 - 08:35 pm
seenitB4
seenitB4 07/02/13 - 07:35 am
Opinions folks

This is a place for opinions...why get upset when another puts THEIR opinion on here..??