Augusta nurse wins $2 million lottery

Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013 4:41 AM
Last updated 7:30 AM
  • Follow Latest News

An Augusta nurse has new dreams.

“I work a lot of hours,” Patricia Holloman said. “Or, I should say, I worked a lot of hours.”

Holloman, 50, won $2 million Tuesday playing Millionaire Jingle Jumbo Bucks, an instant game with prizes up to $3 million. She bought her winning ticket at P J Food Store on Skinner Mill Road in Augusta and later scratched the ticket at home.

“I thought I was reading (the ticket) wrong,” she said. “I kept looking at it. That’s a lot of zeroes.”

Holloman, who is married with two children and six grandchildren, said she hopes to cut back on her long work weeks and get a reliable car with an air conditioner.

.

Comments (10) Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
Just My Opinion
6262
Points
Just My Opinion 02/14/13 - 04:46 am
4
1
Hey....I think she's my

Hey....I think she's my cousin! Hey cuz!! I'll be calling on you soon!

Just kidding! Congratulations and good luck with the winnings!

bumblebeerose
694
Points
bumblebeerose 02/14/13 - 05:30 am
5
1
ENJOY

Ms. Holloman
Enjoy the winnings doing things you want to do!!!!!!!!

JRC2024
10420
Points
JRC2024 02/14/13 - 08:16 am
1
1
good for You.Invest it

good for You.Invest it wisely.

rmwhitley
5547
Points
rmwhitley 02/14/13 - 08:29 am
0
0
Long lost
Unpublished

sister! I've been looking for you ever since I heard heard of OUR wealth. Seriously, congratulations!

Dixieman
17336
Points
Dixieman 02/14/13 - 10:08 am
1
4
2000000 POINTS

Lotteries are a tax on stupidity. Yeah, the occasional winner gets some nice publicity, but the Georgia lottery pays out only 63 cents for each dollar used to purchase tickets -- the LOWEST payout ratio in the US! You would be better off going to a casino and betting there. Really best off: stay home and buy casino stocks.

TCB22
694
Points
TCB22 02/14/13 - 10:35 am
4
0
Congratulations!

Way to go negative Dixieman. I'm happy for her and also for all of those who benefit from the Hope Scholarships for college. Congratulations Ms. Holloman.

soitgoes
900
Points
soitgoes 02/14/13 - 12:16 pm
2
0
don't forget

don't forget to set aside some of the money for federal AND state taxes!

corgimom
38385
Points
corgimom 02/14/13 - 05:08 pm
2
1
What did Dixieman say that

What did Dixieman say that isn't true?

Dixieman
17336
Points
Dixieman 02/14/13 - 05:27 pm
1
3
2000000 POINTS

Want to support higher education? Take the money you use to buy lottery tickets, write a check for 37% to Hope scholarship fund and invest the other 63% in a casino stocks. You'll come out way ahead in the long run. How do you think casinos stay in business year after year after year and no big winner ever causes them to go bust?

RoadKing
111
Points
RoadKing 02/15/13 - 12:01 am
0
0
Maybe...maybe not.

Sometimes stupid gets stuck with all the gold.....congrats Patricia !!

Techfan
6462
Points
Techfan 02/15/13 - 04:45 am
0
0
I have no problem with the

I have no problem with the lottery. At least you have a chance to get a return (right after you get struck by lightning) than non-voluntary taxes that go for home schooling that teaches men rode around on dinosaurs. It was a great idea until they started killing education funding and using lottery dollars to fill the gap.

Back to Top

Top headlines

More Americans traveling this holiday season

You might want to get a head start to Grandma's house this year. It appears more Americans - 98.6 million - will be traveling this holiday season than ever.
Search Augusta jobs