The Georgia Regents University Augusta Half Marathon & 10K will be held Feb. 24. The event begins at 8 a.m. at Enterprise Mill and features nearly 2,000 runners.
The event will impact traffic on portions of the course, which will run through parts of downtown, Summerville and Harrisburg as part of a 13.1-mile run. Traffic control will be managed by the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office.
The following roads will be affected on the day of the event:
• Greene Street-Eastbound lane from 15th Street to 13th Street – closed from 4-8:45 a.m.
• 15th Street-Northbound lane from Greene Street to Broad Street – closed from 7:50-8:30 a.m.
• Broad Street-Eastbound lane from St. Sebastian Way to 7th Street – closed from 7:50-8:45 a.m.
• 7th Street-Northbound lane from Greene Street to Broad Street – closed from 7:50-8:45 a.m.
• 15th Street-Northbound lane from Greene Street to Broad Street – closed from 8-8:45 a.m.
• Greene Street-Westbound lane from 7th Street to St. Sebastian Way – closed from 8-8:45 a.m.
• St. Sebastian Way-Southbound right lane from Greene Street to Walton Way – closed from 8-8:50 a.m.
• Walton Way-Westbound right lane from 13th Street to Highland Avenue – closed from 8-9:25 a.m.
• Milledge Road-Northbound lane from Walton Way to Broad Street – closed from 8:15-9:15 a.m.
• Highland Avenue/Berckmans Road-Northbound lane – closed from 8:15-10 a.m.
• Washington Road-Eastbound right lane from Berckmans Road to Calhoun Expressway – closed from 8:30-10:30 a.m.
• Lake Course Drive-Broad Street exit ramp – closed from 8:20-11 a.m.
• Broad Street-Westbound right lane from Lake Course Drive to Lakemont Drive – closed from 8:30-11 a.m.
• Lakemont Drive-Broad Street to Milledge Road – closed from 8:30-11 a.m.
• Lake Olmstead Park – runners inside the park from 8:30-11 a.m.
• Broad Street-Eastbound right lane from Milledge Road to Greene Street – closed from 8:30-11 a.m.
• Greene Street-Eastbound lane from Riverwatch Parkway to St. Sebastian Way – closed from 9-11 a.m.