Several roads will be closed this weekend for the ESi Ironman 70.3 Augusta:
BIKE COURSE: Cyclists will take the route around 8 a.m. Sunday. Organizers anticipate roads to be clear by 2 p.m. The cyclists start on Riverfront Drive, continue on East Boundary and then take Sand Bar Ferry into Aiken County. Roads along the route will be open to traffic. Major intersections will be monitored by local law enforcement agencies. Side streets will be monitored by volunteer marshals from Fort Gordon.
RUN COURSE: Organizers expect the leaders to begin around 10 a.m. According to the race cut-off time, runners must be off the course by 5:10 p.m. On Greene and Reynolds streets, one lane of traffic along the route will be designated for the race, with cones marking the circuit. Broad Street will be closed to vehicles from 13th Street to East Boundary. Spectators are encouraged to park on side streets.
• The westbound lane of Broad Street between Eighth and Ninth streets will close at 11 p.m. Thursday and remain closed until 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Gordon Highway ramps will be closed at Broad Street and Bay Street from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• The Fifth Street Bridge will be closed from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The following will be designated no-parking areas from 4 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.:
• Broad Street from East Boundary to 13th Street, including center bays.
• Reynolds Street from East Boundary to Bay Street.
• Eighth Street from Reynolds Street to Broad Street.