Deans Bridge Road pedestrian killed this morning identified

Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:44 AM
Last updated 7:54 PM

A man walking along Deans Bridge Road early this morning was struck and killed by a motor vehicle that left the scene.

He has been identified as Adrian L. Gardenhire, 53, of Hephzibah.

According to a statement from the the Richmond County Sheriff's Office, the incident took place about 2:30 a.m. in the 4300 block of Deans Bridge Road.

Authorities say they are looking for what might be a champagne colored Ford Explorer or Expedition and have notified police in Burke County and Wrens.

The state crime lab will conduct an autopsy, according to the news release.

tanbaby
tanbaby 07/14/12 - 10:49 am
prayers to the family...hope

prayers to the family...hope they find the fool who did this...

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 07/14/12 - 12:00 pm
What a Tragedy

May he rest in peace and may God give comfort to the family. My condolences to all of them - even though unknown - how sad.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 07/14/12 - 01:09 pm
God bless

Mr. Gardenhire's everlasting soul and damn the soul of the scum who left him on or beside the road.

beboisme
beboisme 07/14/12 - 02:22 pm
Just goes to show once again

Just goes to show once again the value of someone else's life. Mr.Gardenhires life meant nothing to you and you showed that by not facing responsibility for your actions. What makes you think your life is more important than Mr.Gardenhires was? The worst is that you drove off and probably never looked back at the poor man. God Bless the one's who loved Mr. Gardenhire and may God bring you swiftly to justice, whoever you are.

lostforwords
lostforwords 07/14/12 - 03:26 pm
Keep my family and I in your prayers

This news has been devastating upon me and my family's spirits. To whoever killed my uncle, I have no hard feelings but I wished you wouldn't have fled the scene. Not only was your headlight not working but this accident could have been prevented with only a simple decision. Only God can judge you and I hope that you will be able to live with this for the rest of your life. My uncle was always in high spirits and was definitely a father figure in my life. He will truly be missed.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 07/14/12 - 10:02 pm
Median?

I may be totally wrong, but did the TV news report that he was walking in the median? Man, that's dangerous!

gabhanjacisa
gabhanjacisa 07/15/12 - 05:06 am
Not much good usually happens

Not much good usually happens after midnight, except sleep, of course.

deweyave3
deweyave3 07/16/12 - 06:31 am
i knew the victim real well ,

i knew the victim real well , he was not only my classmate( but my friend) and so is his sister. they are very good people. it was a tradegy what happen to Adrain, he was a quiet guy. always had a silly smile. r.i.p the class of 1977 Evans High School remembers you.

lostforwords
lostforwords 07/16/12 - 07:51 am
To those who knew him best

To those who knew my uncle best knew him to be an all around funny guy. He was always trying to make people laugh and always had a smile on his face. To deweyuave3, thank you for your comment. It really made my day. To know that someone else knows my uncle for who he truly was is a big help in this time of sorrow. But we must celebrate him for who he was which was a funny, silly, kind of quiet, cool guy.

lahamilton
lahamilton 07/19/12 - 01:47 am
Gone too soon

To my niece, nephews, and your mom,

You are in my thoughts prayers. I am so sorry for your loss.

I am praying for peace, and consolation in your time of sorrow, May God comfort, and keep you near.

Peace be still,