32 charged in Ga. cockfight probe

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:48 AM
Last updated 1:09 PM

MOULTRIE, Ga. — Authorities say 32 people are facing charges in connection with what they describe as a cockfighting ring in south Georgia.

WALB-TV reports that Colquitt and Lowndes county sheriff’s departments, animal control officers and humane society representatives showed up with a search warrant at a property on Georgia Highway 256 in Colquitt County on Saturday.

Colquitt County sheriff’s chief investigator Shannon Hart says the 32 suspects are charged with being a party to cruelty to animals. Hart said the arrests are the result of an investigation that’s been ongoing for about a month.

Names of the suspects were not immediately released.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/10/12 - 10:04 am
Heh, heh... Chicken fighting

Heh, heh... Chicken fighting is an industry in South Ga. It was going on when I was a teen.

David Parker
David Parker 07/10/12 - 10:17 am
I love the Seinfeld where

I love the Seinfeld where Kramer was fighting "Little Jerry". Classic stuff

happychimer
19392
happychimer 07/10/12 - 10:19 am
there is nothing funny at all

there is nothing funny at all about cruelty to animals.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/10/12 - 11:02 am
So true Happy, so true!!

So true Happy, so true!!

Sweet son
Sweet son 07/10/12 - 01:07 pm
Sorry if I Offended!

My last comment was pulled and it should have been. Sean sometimes gets a bad rap but he is just trying to be fair and keep this forum up for all of us who enjoy it.

I just felt strongly about the topic and wrote more of my feelings in a comment than I should have. Cock fighting, dog fighting and any wilful mistreatment of animals is just cruel!

GRU wins Columbia County hospital bid