Crowell headed to Alabama State, report says

Thursday, July 5, 2012 7:50 AM
Last updated 8:49 AM

COLUMBUS, Ga. -- Former Georgia running back Isaiah Crowell is headed to Alabama State, according to published reports.

Crowell  File
File
Crowell

The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reports that UGAsports.com says Crowell would transfer to Alabama State, which is located in Montgomery, Ala.

Alabama State is a member of the Football Championship Subdivision, so Crowell would not need to sit out a year after transferring.

The former Carver High standout was dismissed from the Georgia football team last Friday after being arrested by Athens-Clarke County Police Department earlier that morning on three gun charges, two of which are felonies.

Crowell’s defense will be led by Steve Sadow, a nationally known criminal defense lawyer based in Atlanta.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/05/12 - 08:02 am
What did I say? Oakland

What did I say? Oakland Raiders in two years.

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 07/05/12 - 08:16 am
Amazing

It's amazing to me that anyone would want to put up with his antics. He gets a "free" education while someone more deserving sits out. He is rewarded for a talent that he wastes and takes for granted. Instead of being ostracized, he's rewarded. Sickening.

I agree with RM..He'll be right at home in Oakland.

wise ole man
wise ole man 07/05/12 - 08:14 am
What a joke!

What a joke!

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/05/12 - 08:18 am
Doubt it

I don't think, with his work ethic, he will ever be drafted. Takes more than "potential" at the next level.

bdouglas
bdouglas 07/05/12 - 08:52 am
Draft potential or not, tiny

Draft potential or not, tiny schools in no-name leagues froth at the mouth at the thought of getting star power from a powerhouse team in a real league. They'll gladly overlook criminal records. The thought of beating their rivals and bringing more warm bodies out to the games has them jumping at the chance to accept a criminal.

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/05/12 - 09:01 am
You kidding me? The Oakland

You kidding me? The Oakland Raiders carry their own probation officer with them for away games.

iLove
iLove 07/05/12 - 09:19 am
Steven Garcia...

Remember him?

Sweet son
Sweet son 07/05/12 - 11:54 am
Crowell: Loser Person-Loser Athlete!

Alabama State University: Joke! Look at their web site (which I have supplied link) upper left in gold. "We teach class." How can administrators, faculty and coaches claim to "teach class" when they admit students charged with felonies and other crimes just so they get a football player? That is "not class!"

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 07/05/12 - 12:20 pm
Whichever school he was

Whichever school he was destined to go to would justify his admission to the team by claiming that THEY know how to get to the kid and be able to turn him around...something Georgia was never able to do! Whatever! I'll believe it when I see it!

HighSociety
HighSociety 07/05/12 - 01:53 pm
If he's found not guilty with

If he's found not guilty with his high dollar defense team, does he come back to D1? If not, I agree on the Raiders or even Dallas. I just don't think this kid has enough heart to make it to the NFL.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/06/12 - 12:16 am
To most all of the above; he

To most all of the above; he is just a symptom of the bigger disease. Win at any cost, and the rabid sports fans enable this to happen.

Disgusting...

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/06/12 - 06:59 am
Really?

itsanotherday, how are fans the blame for this? As a somewhat rabid fan myself, how am I responsible for this? It would be interesting to hear your theory.