Conservative radio host Boortz to retire

ATLANTA — Conservative talk radio host Neal Boortz is retiring after four decades at the microphone and being replaced by former GOP presidential hopeful Herman Cain.

Boortz said during his show Monday his last day will be Jan. 21, 2013, the day of the presidential inauguration.

The 67-year-old Boortz said he is in good health and plans to enjoy retirement by traveling with his wife. They plan to spend eight months on the road after his retirement.

Boortz’s show is syndicated across the country through Atlanta’s WSB radio. His show draws about 6 million listeners on 230 radio stations.

He said his show has been “an absolute joy.”

Cain, an Atlanta businessman and radio show host, dropped out of the presidential race in December amid allegations of sexual improprieties, which he denied.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/04/12 - 11:04 am
Cain is going to have to grow

Cain is going to have to grow some Go-naads to fit into Neal's shoes!

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/04/12 - 11:16 am
You think Boortz is fleeing

You think Boortz is fleeing the country after President Obama's re-election? Will he take Limbaugh with him? Puhleeeeeze?

faithson
faithson 06/04/12 - 11:18 am
pondering

How some can complain about the problems of our times and not see that the likes of these two ARE the problem of our times is beside me. Happy listening all !

allhans
allhans 06/04/12 - 11:33 am
Boortz is okay. A bit too

Boortz is okay. A bit too Libertarian for my taste. I seldom listened.
Cain?

Sweet son
Sweet son 06/04/12 - 12:27 pm
Pointed and Sarcastic!

@faithson by your title it would seem that you depend on faith to bring you through the struggles of life. I also do the same but we can't rely on faith alone cure the ills of the world and particular OUR nation. I don't always agree with Boortz or Limbaugh. They both are a little caustic at times but someone has to provide alternate views from the mainstream media. They along with Fox News add another demention to national news whether it be ultra conservative or Liberterian as Boortz describes himself.. Was that sarcasm in your last line? LOL! Have a great day!! Son!

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 06/04/12 - 12:40 pm
Ha-ha...."demention" to

Ha-ha...."demention" to national news. Demented it is, sweet son.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 06/04/12 - 12:43 pm
Hey, like the liberals always

Hey, like the liberals always preach, "If you don't like them, just turn the channel." No one is going to force you to listen to the truth.

KSL
KSL 06/04/12 - 01:00 pm
Was that sarcasm in your

Was that sarcasm in your entire post, ss?

faithson
faithson 06/04/12 - 01:35 pm
agenda driven

Sweet Son; I have no stomach for these two. Their degradation of the human condition is at times appalling. No child of the brotherhood of man should find the demeaning statements these men make of other people allowable, even IF at times things are said that make sense. People listen to what they 'WANT' to hear... and if these two (RL,NB Cain is just a goof) are the watermark of anyone's 'want' to hear, I truly feel sorry for them, such a cynical narrow self serving philosophy of life is life lived in it's lowest form. peace and good to you.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 06/04/12 - 01:52 pm
I Like Rush

I think he embodies the hypocrisy of the rigid right like no other. There will never be another like the Oxy-poppin, 4 times married, caustic, racist flame thrower. He has provided me with many laughs.
And I like Coulter too. She is hot and funny.
I don't care for the libbie chicks, though. Just one glance at MadCow and I start talking like the Japanese dude from Karate Kid. She looks just like Ralph back in the day.
Oh, good luck to Neil. I haven't listened to him in some years but always thought he was pretty funny.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 06/04/12 - 02:55 pm
As a conservative I listen to

As a conservative I listen to both Rush AND Neal. Before you lefties go crazy about that fact I ALSO listen to NPR as well as watch MSNBC (when I can stomach it). I said all that to say, Neal is much more entertaining than most. I'll certainly miss his take on things. No fan of Herman's style of talk radio though. So I guess I'll have to give up on the 9 to 12 spot in my "radio day" for a while.....

owensjef3
owensjef3 06/04/12 - 03:50 pm
Cain will do okay, he has

Cain will do okay, he has done well as a guest host.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 06/05/12 - 07:54 am
I have to agree with

I have to agree with conservative man that though I like Herman's politics and his commonsense approach; I don't care for his hosting style. Boortz was always entertaining if nothing else. A bit too abrupt an caustic with callers at times, but entertaining nonetheless. He will be greatly missed by people of all political persuasions.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/07/12 - 04:54 am
Not

Having listened to

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 06/05/12 - 08:54 am
As a conservative, I

As a conservative, I couldn't take Boortz and Limbaugh has worn extremely thin with me as well. I'm looking forward to hearing what Herman Cain brings to the airways. The truth, without all the drama and nonsense would be a welcome change.

omnomnom
omnomnom 06/05/12 - 09:56 am
well, at least clark howard

well, at least clark howard is still goin strong. i can't deal with none else on talk radio but our local yokel. savage gives me heartburn. WHYS HE ALWAYS GOTTA SOUND LIKE HE'S YELLING?

is the cain train show going to feature herman singing about pizza?

grinder48
2013
grinder48 06/05/12 - 10:18 am
Like much of what Cain has to say

I like much of what Herman Cain has to say but he can certainly slaughter some pronunciations, especially accenting wrong syllables. He'd be viewed more seriously by a broader spread of people if he'd learn to speak correctly and properly.