Bicyclist struck on Deans Bridge Road

Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:12 PM
Last updated 5:18 PM

Back | Next
Deputies investigated an accident involving a bicylist and a red Honda Accord Sunday.  Summer Moore
Summer Moore

The bicyclist in serious condition after being struck on Deans Bridge Road by a car has been identified as Dontiez Thomas, 19, of Augusta.

Around 2:40 p.m. Sunday, Thomas was riding his bicycle east on Deans Bridge Road near Ridge Road into the path of a southbound red Honda sedan driven by Rosetta Bussey, 60, said Richmond County Sheriff’s Cpl. Michael Pletcher.

Thomas was knocked from his bike and taken to the Medical College of Georgia Hospital where he was in serious condition Sunday.

Bussey and her 17-year-old granddaughter who was a passenger in the car were not injured, Pletcher said.

Members of the Serious Traffic Accident Reconstruction team investigated the scene and found Thomas at fault for failing to yield, although Pletcher said deputies will most likely not ticket him.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/27/12 - 03:41 pm
Why not identified?

Was he not identified because of lack of identification? Did he request to not be identified? Was he unidentifiable? Was he conscious or unconscious? Have relatives been notified if he was identified? Update please, if appropriate.

steelerbud1
steelerbud1 05/27/12 - 04:16 pm
HHHHHHUUUUUUUU!!!!

Maybe he was not identifed yet because that is how it always works!!!!!..what kind of question is that??? when someone gerts murdered or killed they don't announce right then....cmon....really...why can't you just pray for them that they will be alright....

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 05/27/12 - 05:22 pm
Prayers for this young

Prayers for this young person's recovery and for the driver.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/27/12 - 05:59 pm
what kind of question is that?

steelerbud1 Here's a question for you: why do you assume I wasn't praying? I was praying with everything I have in me BECAUSE in answer to your question: this is the kind of question a mother asks when she wonders if the bicyclist could be her own child, a neighbor's child, a friend's child, or even the father of her children, anyone of them is known to ride bicycles. That's what kind of question it was. That accident was in walking distance of my neighborhood and I drive down Ridge Road regularly, nearly every day! And I'm still praying for Dontiez Thomas. As a matter of fact, I laid my car blanket across a struck male bicyclist, hoping to ease shock, hit at that SAME intersection over 10 years ago during the Christmas season, thankfully, he lived through it, but walked with a limp for many years after.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 05/27/12 - 08:31 pm
That's about what I thought

That's about what I thought you were thinking A L; concern for others.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/27/12 - 08:49 pm
Totally off topic, but Willow

Totally off topic, but Willow have you been receiving my emails the past two days. Having issues with email and wasn't sure.

AutumnLeaves, totally understand where you're coming from, from a mother's standpoint. Prayers for this young man and also the driver and her grand-daughter.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 05/27/12 - 10:47 pm
Yes, but not until this

Yes, but not until this afternoon. Unable to get a reply to go through.
Will keep trying.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/28/12 - 06:53 am
AL

There are them there individuals that will try and pick a fight no matter what you say or how you say it. If he had researched you past post..he would have known you were praying.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/28/12 - 10:35 am
Thank you...

I wanted to thank the posters that offered such kind words. I really appreciate it. You have no idea how much.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/28/12 - 01:26 pm
I've always found it odd that

I've always found it odd that on these boards there are people lying in wait to pounce if you are not reverent about someone's troubles. OF COURSE we all have concern for victims, but sometimes a question is just a question with no malicious or other intent. I just assume that unless someone is just pure evil, their thoughts and prayers are always with the suffering.