Morning accidents on Riverwatch Parkway

Four traffic accidents on eastbound Riverwatch Parkway could tie up morning commuters.

Deputies were dispatched to the accidents near River Shoals Parkway around 6:50 a.m.

Injuries have not been reported.

stillamazed
stillamazed 05/17/12 - 08:16 am
It's something about the

It's something about the rain......everytime it rains there are accidents all over. Tail gating is most likely the culprit, slow down and back off some. glad there were no serious injuries.

curly123053
curly123053 05/17/12 - 08:21 am
People refuse to drive

People refuse to drive according to the conditions on the road as they are supposed to. Some roads are magnets for hydroplaning at the posted speed limit.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/17/12 - 08:23 am
I heard on the radio that

I heard on the radio that they believed a car hydroplaned and hit another vehicle which in turned hit several other cars.

IsAmericaFree
IsAmericaFree 05/17/12 - 08:33 am
Speed limits

Apparently, people think the posted speed limit is just a suggestion. Speed limits have been put in place for safety reasons and they are the limit for the road under clear, sunny conditions. If it's not clear and sunny, slow it down!

Cameron Poe
Cameron Poe 05/17/12 - 09:29 am
Speed Limits and Minimum Speeds

I hope all folks realize the other side of this coin. Driving under the posted speed limit or refusing to move over for cars driving the speed limit can be just as dangerous. It is not always speeders who are causing these accidents. Sometimes it is the sudden change in speed because of drivers who absolutely refuse to drive at the posted speed limit. Instead they insist on driving 25 MPH in a 45 MPH zone. So please remember not only is it your responsibility to not speed and follow at a safe distance, it is also your responsibility as driver to respect the flow of traffic. Especially, if you are someone who likes to drive way under the posted speed limit.

stillamazed
stillamazed 05/17/12 - 09:47 am
Cameron, I agree but I see a

Cameron, I agree but I see a lot of tailgating accidents in this area, so when we are on the road we should also respect our distance between other cars and allow for breaking. I have had people so close on my bumper that I can't even see the front end of their car in my rear view mirror and that is dangerous. I also think that slower drivers should stay in the right lane until they have to get over because when they hog the left lane it only makes others weave in and out more trying to get around them.

allhans
allhans 05/17/12 - 10:16 am
Those tailgaters are the very

Those tailgaters are the very ones I slow down for...Makes my day!

Cameron Poe
Cameron Poe 05/17/12 - 01:09 pm
Stillamazed, if you were to

Stillamazed, if you were to read my entire post I make not of the fact that every driver has the responsibility to drive at a safe distance. I am not making excuses for tailgating. And allhans I slow down for the tailgaters as well. My point is that when conditions are bad. Like this week with all the rain slow drivers who do not maintain the "slower" lane can be just as dangerous as the speeders. Thus, the reasoning for posting not only a speed limit but also minimum speed. Drivers on the road are in a symbiotic relationship. We all depend on the other to be safe and follow the rules of the road so that we all can get from A to B safely.

Cameron Poe
Cameron Poe 05/17/12 - 01:09 pm
*Note not not. Sorry typo

*Note not not. Sorry typo

allhans
allhans 05/17/12 - 01:49 pm
Cameron Poe..I don't actually

Cameron Poe..I don't actually slow for tail gaters..well maybe on a residential street. Never on a road with heavy traffic., I just try hard to get the heck out of the way.

Pops
Pops 05/17/12 - 02:03 pm
Riverwatch is a superspeedway

Riverwatch is a superspeedway at that time of morning. Ask anyone who commutes that road daily.