Ga. home invader shot, killed

DORAVILLE, Ga. — Police say one suspect is dead and three others were apprehended after a pre-dawn home invasion in Doraville, just outside Atlanta.

Doraville police spokesman Gene Callaway tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that four men broke into a home early Tuesday.

Police tell Fox 5 Atlanta that the intruders tied up the people inside the home, but one of the bound people was somehow able to obtain a weapon and shot one of the suspects.

Callaway said the other three suspects fled the scene with the wounded man, went to a location in Gwinnett County, changed clothes, and then took the wounded suspect to a local hospital.

The wounded suspect later died of his wounds.

The other three suspects were taken into custody at the hospital. Their names haven’t been released

pommom38
pommom38 05/08/12 - 01:24 pm
Took the words right out my

Took the words right out my mouth! Congrats, you three are now facing murder charges because you are to sorry to just go buy things.
Oh well, more charge to the taxpayers as usual.....

scgator
scgator 05/08/12 - 01:27 pm
I know everybody's life is a

I know everybody's life is a precious gift, but, somehow this brought a smile to my face.................it is a shame though that some choose to waste theirs.

Bubbagolf
Bubbagolf 05/08/12 - 01:36 pm
Sorry

Sorry about my offensive comment earlier. I was just so happy that one thug was killed and three were arrested that I lost touch with the terms and conditions I agreed to.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/08/12 - 03:22 pm
You all know my sentiments,

You all know my sentiments, so I won't take a chance on upsetting Sean... ;)

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 05/08/12 - 04:14 pm
sad ain't it

sad ain't it itsanotherday?.......now go outside and hug a tree or something...sing kumbiya while your at it..
(kinda makes you wanna puke don't it?)

copperhead
copperhead 05/08/12 - 04:45 pm
Y'all don't think the shooter

Y'all don't think the shooter should be charged with murder? this home invader was just stealing material goods. the home owners should have just let them take the stuff,call the police,and let insurance pay the losses. there is never a reason to use deadly force about anything! Never ever is force justified NEVER!

tiredofsrryppl
tiredofsrryppl 05/08/12 - 04:51 pm
TOO BAD the victimwasn't able

TOO BAD the victimwasn't able to get three or four more shots off!!!!!!

Bubbagolf
Bubbagolf 05/08/12 - 04:58 pm
copperhead

Copperhead
So you are the reason that my insurance rates are so high. Why should I buy something and then let someone else take it so I can pay my deductible to get it again? Thats not smart at all. I can buy a box of shells alot cheaper. Why don't these people get a job and quit taking what isn't theirs. Deadly force is justified in order to protect yourself, family and PROPERTY! If you don't want to die then stay out off places you don't belong. Wonder if this is your line of work?????????

mbutler128
mbutler128 05/08/12 - 05:01 pm
Defend Your Home

Copperhead I think you are still asleep, please wake up before you get hurt.

justputtin
justputtin 05/08/12 - 05:32 pm
What???

"don't y'all think the shooter should be charged with murder?" be serious! He CAN'T and SHOULDN'T and WILL NOT be charged with murder.

americafirst
americafirst 05/08/12 - 05:33 pm
Copperhead, the news reports

Copperhead, the news reports all the time how victims are tied up but before the bad guys leave they are raped and/or killed. i wouldn't have just layed there tied up and hoped all they were going to do is steal material possessions.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/08/12 - 05:49 pm
Hoodwinked!

I suspect ya'll haven't been paying to Copperhead's history of posts. Look down; I suspect one of your legs to be slightly longer than the other.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 05/08/12 - 05:59 pm
Charges

Re: Pommom's 01:24pm post: I doubt it.

We've had several of these incidents recently where one of a group of criminals -home invaders, mostly- was killed, but so far none of them have been so charged with murder.

Prosecutors failing their duty; judges abrogating their responsibilty; juries that are unwilling to bring judgment. It all adds up to a plea bargain down to 'trespassing with intent to litter' followed by probation. Then they go back at it until they too are killed or they kill some homeowner. Usually on their way back from healing the sick, at least, according to the community.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 05/08/12 - 06:24 pm
Deadly force is a necessary

Deadly force is a necessary evil. All home invaders should be killed in whatever manner is available to the VICTIM.

copperhead
copperhead 05/08/12 - 06:46 pm
Yes Bubbagolf,i have total

Yes Bubbagolf,i have total control of your insurance premiums! i think i'll raise them 62% next month!

nevertoolate
nevertoolate 05/08/12 - 07:06 pm
"come on down hea' to Jawjuh,

"come on down hea' to Jawjuh, boys...the wata's fiiiine!"

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 05/08/12 - 08:22 pm
Copperhead's humor

Copperhead, I have always enjoyed your sarcasm, guess some don't see it.

raul
raul 05/08/12 - 08:49 pm
Home Invasions

Many, not all, home invasions are drug related.

Bubbagolf
Bubbagolf 05/09/12 - 07:20 am
How about I come to your

How about I come to your house tonight copperhead and kick in your door? I bet you'll scream like a little girl and hide!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/09/12 - 07:34 am
Bubbagolf, knowing

Bubbagolf, knowing copperhead, I don't think that would be a smart move, I believe it would be the last door you kicked in!

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 05/09/12 - 08:18 am
Cobalt's comment

CobaltGeorge,
I was thinking the same thing!!

toldyaso
toldyaso 05/09/12 - 09:30 am
I find it difficult to defend

I find it difficult to defend an argument by some that all these guys did was tied up the residents and no one would have been hurt if one hadn't gotten loose and shot one of the criminals. The facts are that these CRIMINALS forced their way into a home and assaulted the residents, with the intention of stealing and possibly causing further bodily harm. These victims had every right to defend themselves, and I applaud their doing so. There is no sympathy here for these criminals.

allhans
allhans 05/09/12 - 09:32 am
Copperhead. I appreciate

Copperhead. I appreciate your wit. I even gave you a thumbs-up

smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 05/09/12 - 09:52 am
intruders

Seriously, folks! Do you really believe these so-called "intruders" did anything wrong?? They were just "undocumented guests" who were helping themselves to the wares of the homeowner. Don'tcha think the homeowners should've been more willing to accommodate the needs of their "undocumented guests" better than killing one of 'em?

steelerbud1
steelerbud1 05/09/12 - 09:56 am
WOW.....

Hey copperhead......HOPE IS NOT A STRATAGY...my friend. you must not think much of the value of your life if you are willing to just lay down and die when you have a chance to turn the tied on pathetic scumbags like this. I was involved in a strong armed robbery and when some pc of human crap says they are going to kill you , you better be thinking about protecting yourself. lollipops and sugar plum faries don't work in the real world.....wake up.

steelerbud1
steelerbud1 05/09/12 - 09:56 am
WOW.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/09/12 - 11:54 am
New-Bee

Your new to AC. CopperHead is not what he sounds like.....

lsmith
lsmith 05/09/12 - 12:52 pm
Congratulations to the

Congratulations to the jokster who thinks it's cute to post outrageous comments with the sole purpose of getting a rise out of others. I guess this is what the "ignore user" button is for....

allhans
allhans 05/09/12 - 01:34 pm
Hilarous, guys. You have done

Hilarous, guys. You have done good. Still LOL. Copperhead, you make my day by making me smile.
But this really is a serious matter.
These thugs (or thug maybe) broke in to steal whatever they could find, and shot a valauble, treasured dog, which could have died.
Can I say scumbags?

American 1st
American 1st 12/17/12 - 08:13 am
Copperhead's comment

Copperhead - sarcasm?

If not...guess you never read the book, "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote. It's about 2 guys that were going to rob a homeowner. They entered the home in Kansas, tied up the Mother, Father, Son & Daughter, then shot each one, killing the entire family.