Atlanta school field trip ends up on adult entertainment bus

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 6:57 AM
Last updated 7:00 AM

ATLANTA -- About 130 elementary school students were transported from a field trip Friday on party buses normally used for adult parties, Channel 2 Action News and the Atlanta Journal Constitution report.

The 32-passenger bus shown to Channel 2 had a dance pole, a fog machine, a refrigerator and a VIP section.

“We had no earthly idea that there were kids that were going to be on the bus,” Mark Purdy of Premiere Party Bus said.

The fifth-graders were at a camp in Toccoa when the company contracted by the school had no buses available to get them back to Morningside Elementary School.

That’s when the company asked Premiere Party Bus to help but didn’t specify that the buses were for children, Channel 2 said.

Comments (4)

blues550
blues550 05/08/12 - 07:28 am

So What?

Slow news day and much ado about nothing. Troubles abound in public education. This is NOT one of them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/08/12 - 07:43 am

Peanuts

A 10 year old child was raped for months on a school bus in the Atlanta area.....so you think THIS is a problem....we are so numb to what is happening around us.

corgimom
19271
corgimom 05/08/12 - 08:43 am

I don't understand. I read

I don't understand.

I read the story, I saw the picture. I didn't see anything offensive. Is there something that I'm not grasping?

Would people have liked it better if the children were stranded at the camp? It was an emergency situation, the kids had to get home, the bus company contacted Premiere Party Bus (hello, does the name provide a clue?), responded with their buses.

This is a non-story.

bdouglas
bdouglas 05/08/12 - 09:00 am

Every city bus or MARTA train

Every city bus or MARTA train has poles in them for people to hold on. These kids are from Atlanta, so I'm sure they're all familiar with those buses or trains, so what's the big deal? And if any kid knew what the "dance pole" was for, I'd venture to guess they probably had parents who weren't bothered by these buses anyway. Questionable? Maybe. But only if there were other options, and it appears there weren't.

thewaytolite
thewaytolite 05/08/12 - 02:43 pm

I love reading a feel good

I love reading a feel good story like this. Unlike the school bus this one would be on time and get the kids to their destination on time.