Santorum suspends campaign

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:25 PM
Last updated 3:07 PM

GETTYSBURG, Pa. — Rick Santorum is suspending his campaign for the GOP presidential nomination, clearing a path for Mitt Romney to become the nominee.

Santorum  AP
AP
Santorum

A Republican close to the campaign says the former Pennsylvania senator was to make the announcement Tuesday in his home state of Pennsylvania, two weeks before the GOP presidential primary there. Santorum faced a tough fight in his home state against Romney.

prov227
prov227 04/10/12 - 01:40 pm
Pretty much as expected. He's

Pretty much as expected. He's young and looking to his future hopes for political power. Never understood his goals beyond his speech platitudes.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/12 - 01:42 pm
Well bye-bye...about time .

Well bye-bye...about time .

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/10/12 - 01:46 pm
Well, I guess women's

Well, I guess women's uteruses are safe now that Santorum is out of the race.

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/10/12 - 01:57 pm
What seenit and LL said!

What seenit and LL said! Yeah!!!

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/10/12 - 02:02 pm
prov227, seems Santorum

prov227, seems Santorum wanted to take us back to the Dark Ages. Especially women.

floridasun
floridasun 04/10/12 - 02:09 pm
Glad he is gone. I thought he

Glad he is gone.
I thought he was way out of touch with the average voter.

Insider Information
Insider Information 04/10/12 - 03:17 pm
I agree Frog. Back in the

I agree Frog.

Back in the Dark Ages, unsterilized scissors were used for abortions. We have moved well beyond that. Now we use sterilized scissors to cut a baby into pieces. Progress!

lieutenantkitten
lieutenantkitten 04/10/12 - 03:38 pm
I thought they used a method

I thought they used a method similar to liposuction, but what do I know? Anyway, at least I have the right to choose. And just for the record, Santorum, I would like point out that there are other reasons for birth control besides the bonus of sex without babies. But, I guess they don't teach many men that side of sex education class.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/12 - 03:46 pm
In other news sources it says

In other news sources it says he would possibly lose his home state....& he still didn't endorse Romney.

Elanco expanding Augusta operations

Animal health products company Elanco announced Friday a $100 million investment at its Augusta plant that is expected to create 100 new jobs within the next three years.