Deans Bridge Road wreck kills Hephzibah man, 49

Friday, April 6, 2012 12:02 PM
Last updated 8:05 PM

A 49-year-old Hephzibah man died Friday after the vehicle he was driving overturned on Deans Bridge Road.

Richmond County Deputy Coroner Kenneth Boose said Harold Leverett Jr. was driving south on Deans Bridge Road just south of Tobacco Road when he lost control and flipped his vehicle over at 10:19 a.m.

No other vehicles were involved in the accident. Leverett, who was alone, was ejected. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 11 a.m.

Boose said it is unclear why the driver losing control.

The Georgia State Patrol and Richmond County deputies were on the scene for several hours while crews cleared the wreck, which blocked both southbound lanes.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 04/06/12 - 02:13 pm
How tragic - may he rest in

How tragic - may he rest in peace. And to his family the deepest sympathy and may the Good Lord help them through their loss and give them strength to carry on. God bless them all!!

stillamazed
stillamazed 04/06/12 - 03:30 pm
So sad, I think I saw the

So sad, I think I saw the wrecker hauling the vehicle away. Prayers go out to his family.

happychimer
happychimer 04/06/12 - 04:46 pm
This is sad. People please

This is sad. People please buckle up and save your loved ones grief.

SSTE2850
SSTE2850 04/06/12 - 06:38 pm
I'm so sorry for your loss

I'm so sorry for your loss Marcia, this is truly tragic! Your family are in my prayers!

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 04/06/12 - 08:43 pm
Very tragic. Prayers to the

Very tragic. Prayers to the family of Mr. Leverett.