Burke County man dies after car falls on him

Monday, March 19, 2012 9:03 PM
Last updated 9:13 PM

A Burke County man was killed after his girlfriend’s car crushed him while he was working on it Monday, investigators said.

Around 5:20 p.m., Jewrel Dangelo Gray, 28, was found by his sister in their father’s yard on the 3400 block of Spring Hill Church Road in Blythe, Burke County sheriff’s Sgt. Dan Lowe said.

Lowe said it looked like the red Pontiac Grand Prix he was working on rolled back, fell off the jack stand and fell on him around 1 p.m. He was alone at the time.

“It was a tragic accident,” Lowe said.

Batman
Batman 03/19/12 - 08:52 pm
My condolences to Mr. Gray's

My condolences to Mr. Gray's family and his girlfriend. The same type of accident nearly took my father's life. I hope everyone will be extra safe when working under cars... especially when alone.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 03/19/12 - 10:03 pm
Gray family, I'm very sorry

Gray family, I'm very sorry for your loss. May our God comfort you.

GaStang22
GaStang22 03/19/12 - 11:30 pm
Condolences to the family.

Condolences to the family.

stillamazed
stillamazed 03/20/12 - 06:14 am
So very sorry. Prayers go out

So very sorry. Prayers go out to this family.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/20/12 - 07:54 am
Condolences to the gray

Condolences to the gray family. These accidents can be prevented by using jack stands and chocking the wheels.

ohcanwesee
ohcanwesee 03/20/12 - 08:01 am
Johnny, So sorry to hear

Johnny, So sorry to hear about your cousin.

R.I.P JEWREL GRAY
R.I.P JEWREL GRAY 03/28/12 - 08:28 am
That was my brother n my only

That was my brother n my only brother; If anyone knows God no matter if he wouldve of did everything he supposed to did; he left us so this means it was his time. No one knows there time and I and thanking everyone for there support. God was just ready for his Angel....

Turkeys taste own medicine

I got up and out of my sickbed so I could write this column because it’s time for the annual Turkey of the Year awards, the highlight of the holiday season.