Motorcycle crash kills Evans man, 49

An Evans man was killed Monday night when he crashed a motorcycle near his home.

Gregory Boyd Earle, 49, of the 4200 block of Anderson Circle, was traveling east on his street on a 1967 Honda three-wheeled motorcycle when he drifted off the roadway and crashed, said Columbia County Sheriff’s Capt. Steve Morris.

Earle, who was not wearing a helmet, was taken by ambulance to Medical College of Georgia Hospital where he was pronounced dead, Morris said.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 03/06/12 - 09:07 am
It would not appear that one

It would not appear that one would have a chance of surviving a crash without a helmet. I wouldn't be on one for 5 inches without a helmet. My condolences to his family.

allhans
allhans 03/06/12 - 01:13 pm
A three wheeler.

A three wheeler.

Bacon Grease
Bacon Grease 03/06/12 - 02:47 pm
Sorry to hear about this went

Sorry to hear about this went to high school with Gregg. May he rest in peace.

cruiser93
cruiser93 03/06/12 - 05:08 pm
Bacon, where did he go to

Bacon, where did he go to school ? I graduated in '84 from Evans... with Dale Rhein who was killed in the head on collision Monday morning on Pine Log Rd. Sad to hear about these deaths and very sobering. It could be any of us at any time. I used to think it was "not cool" to wear a seat belt but now, I wear one all of the time and don't regret it. And to Willow Bailey....right on, I sold my bike and have another one that I may ride again one day and it will definitely be with a helmet. Some people say that they just preserve your face for the funeral but I have known of people surviving because they did have one on. You can even see this on Youtube.

Hreid14
Hreid14 03/06/12 - 08:28 pm
My heart goes out to his

My heart goes out to his family, especially his sons. His sons are both in high school, one of them in my class. Mr. Gregg will be dearly missed. to his sons, Ted and Kevin, i hope you find comfort in this difficult time.Our family is praying for you... R.I.P Mr. Gregg...

TAJ21
TAJ21 03/07/12 - 08:29 am
It is strange that you can

It is strange that you can see someone a few days ago and then have them taken days later, it is one of the things that is constantly following me through life and maybe one of the only things i know i will never truly understand. My heart goes out to Kevin and Ted having been friends with them for nearly two years now, and to the rest of their family...R.I.P. Mr. Gregg

MCG student, class buy kids' books for Ferguson library

Three weeks after the Missouri grand jury indictment verdict, Ashee Nicole Sharer created a Ferguson wish list on BarnesAndNoble.com, urging classmates to purchase a book for the Ferguson ...