Rally today at River Glen

Members of the Augusta community will be gathering for a rally at River Glen Apartment on E. Boundary at 5:30 p.m.

The apartment complex has seen an abundance of crime and three murders in less than a year.

The rally is estimated to last an hour.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 02/17/12 - 05:02 pm
Yeah, an hour. That'd be a

Yeah, an hour. That'd be a good idea to shut that rally down before it starts getting too dark outside. Hope something like this can reach those folks who live there. Actually, I'm sure that, individually, the people are good citizens..I mean for the most part. I mean who in their right mind would want to live in a place with all that crime??

iLove
iLove 02/17/12 - 05:06 pm
^smh

^smh

Patty-P
Patty-P 02/17/12 - 05:15 pm
There are good people there.

There are good people there. Living there doesn't make one a bad person.

hotgeorgiapeach28
hotgeorgiapeach28 02/17/12 - 08:07 pm
There are good people living

There are good people living here in River Glen but there are more bad than good! The bad ones don't really even live here. They just have a girlfriend or a baby's moma that lives here. Majority of the time it's the tenants guests that are causing the problems. As well as guys that live near here. The run their smack on the women here and they wind up staying here and bringing problems to their new girlfriends house! If we could keep the riff raff out of here we wouldn't be so scared to be here and have to worry about the kind of..... well idiots and THUGS that hang out here and jeopardize us and our children.

Everytime something happens here right away some people want to run their mouth about the people here but if you DON'T know us or live here how can anyone really know what's going on here. For instance the guy that got shot out here in Jan was shot buy someone who had problems with the victim. What kind of problems you ask? The vic broke into his house twice. I know it's no excuse but when we call Richmond County out here for break ins..they don't do anything! I should know I had my apt broken into last Nov. I found out names and where they lived and told police who did... U guess it! NOTHING!

KSL
KSL 02/17/12 - 08:24 pm
There are good people

There are good people everywhere. A lot of them vote republican.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/12 - 08:39 pm
Hot georgiapeach....In your

Hot georgiapeach....In your opinion what would work at the complex?
Maybe the police need some new ideas from people like you.

corgimom
corgimom 02/17/12 - 09:02 pm
The ones at the rally are the

The ones at the rally are the ones that you don't have to worry about. The ones that need to be there, won't be.

Patty-P
Patty-P 02/18/12 - 03:09 am
hotgeorgiapeach28 is

hotgeorgiapeach28 is right...the first few times my home was burglarized it seemed like they didn't care. I've said a million times in the past they respond according to where you live.

blues550
blues550 02/18/12 - 08:42 am
Only when prison terms are

Only when prison terms are carried to their full extent will change happen.

debbiep38
debbiep38 02/18/12 - 10:26 am
Patty-P, the first few times?

Patty-P, the first few times? jeez

twolane
twolane 02/18/12 - 10:56 am
a bulldozer would be a great

a bulldozer would be a great start

allhans
allhans 02/18/12 - 11:22 am
Will it be safe to attend?

Will it be safe to attend?

Patty-P
Patty-P 02/18/12 - 11:45 am
First 2 by the same teen

First 2 by the same teen about a month apart.

hotgeorgiapeach28
hotgeorgiapeach28 02/20/12 - 01:25 am
I've tired to get the manager

I've tired to get the manager and the police to listen. There are rules here that are broken everyday. Like no drugs PERIOD on complex property. That is a rule made by The Housing Authority but the manager tells the tenants keep it in your house. But by doing that and not getting rid of them for it they think they can smoke in the stairwells! And alot of the times they don't even know anybody in the building they are smoking in!!! Like my building for instance!! The building I live in caught on fire this past Oct. They were ONLY 4 apts that weren't damaged. But the news said that the WHOLE building was vacated due to the fire which is false!! And because of that people come and stand in front of my door and sell drugs and smoke them!!! And the smell comes in through the cracks in the door! I've told managment and was told to call police...which I did but the ppl doing it always disappear before police get there! I've tried talking to RC about drug deals I've seen and who's doing it and when.. But honestly I don't think they take me seriously or they don't give a SH&^ because it's such a bad area.

I can say this I've started opening my door with tazer and knife in hand now! And when the ppl that are smoking in front of my door see me they say WOW! And I tell them to leave and not come back but they do either later that night or the next day.

I really don't know what to do anymore except to keep my son inside at all times. I don't let him play in the complex at all. And when I go outside day or night I am always armed.. not with a gun(it's against policy of AHA) but I carry a tazer. Which managment knows I have since my home got robbed! It's a shame when I can't leave my home without a weapon!

Morning wreck slows traffic

Expect delays at Peach Orchard Road near Bobby Jones Expressway after a wreck involving an 18-wheeler.