Wintry mix possible for Augusta area

Sunday, Feb. 12, 2012 8:41 PM
Last updated 9:27 PM

Winter weather might hit the Augusta area Monday night or Tuesday morning, according to the National Weather Service office in West Columbia, S.C.

Tonight is expected to be clear with a low in the low 20s.

On Monday, increasing clouds are forecast with a high in the mid-50s and light winds. A slight chance of rain and sleet is forecast after 3 a.m. Tuesday, with the low around the freezing mark.

That rain-and-sleet chance continues until 10 a.m. Tuesday, then a chance of rain afterward, as the high is forecast to reach the low 50s.

Tuesday night, rain chances decrease, with the low hitting the upper 30s before yielding to mostly sunny skies Wednesday with a high in the mid-60s.

Techfan
Techfan 02/13/12 - 03:34 am
Quick, go buy bread and milk!

Quick, go buy bread and milk!

fatboyhog
1938
fatboyhog 02/13/12 - 07:48 am
And gas for the car!

And gas for the car!

recoveringaddict
recoveringaddict 02/13/12 - 09:30 am
Yes, fatboyhog because we

Yes, fatboyhog because we must drive our car in the ice.

freeradical
freeradical 02/13/12 - 10:12 am
To late. All bread and milk

To late.
All bread and milk has flown off the shelves.

crkgrdn
crkgrdn 02/13/12 - 10:55 am
Which school districts are

Which school districts are closed tomorrow? Does anyone know where I can buy a sled?

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/13/12 - 05:32 pm
"You people down here don't

"You people down here don't know how to drive on snow."

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/13/12 - 07:34 pm
Awww. I have a sled. It's

Awww. I have a sled. It's almost 50 years old, but still works just fine. I don't bounce and slide off the snow as well as I used to, though... ow.

rmwardsr
rmwardsr 02/13/12 - 09:01 pm
Well, it looks as though

Well, it looks as though winter is not over yet.

Pu239
Pu239 02/13/12 - 09:29 pm
It was so cold this

It was so cold this morning....I saw a trash truck with german sheppard's as hub caps!

Pu239
Pu239 02/13/12 - 09:31 pm
I wonder if I could have

I wonder if I could have snuck in a Buddy Carr squirrel joke?