Rattlesnake bite sends SC boy, 8, to hospital

  • Follow Latest News

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. — An 8-year-old Goose Creek boy is finally home after spending more than a month in the hospital recovering from a rattlesnake bite suffered at a North Charleston park.

Zach Szala’s father told The Post and Courier of Charleston that his son went home Friday night and insisted he sleep on the couch so he could be close to the family’s Christmas tree.

The boy was bitten by the snake at Wannamaker County Park on Nov. 23. The venom caused paralysis from the neck up and Zach spent three weeks in intensive care on a respirator and feeding tube.

But things started to turn around in mid-December. Zach’s family says he has regained feeling in his face and can open his eyes, speak and eat on his own.

Comments (4) Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
augusta citizen
9070
Points
augusta citizen 01/01/12 - 05:38 pm
0
0
Praises to the Lord for

Praises to the Lord for miraculous healing. Prayers for a full recovery!

RunningMan
346
Points
RunningMan 01/01/12 - 06:05 pm
0
0
AMEN!!!

AMEN!!!

Cynical old woman
1098
Points
Cynical old woman 01/01/12 - 06:16 pm
0
0
Yeah!!

Yeah!!

corgimom
31058
Points
corgimom 01/01/12 - 07:45 pm
0
0
I saw his picture on FB, that

I saw his picture on FB, that poor baby.

So glad he's improving.

Back to Top

Search Augusta jobs