Tim Tebow has beer named for him

Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011 4:23 AM
Last updated 4:14 PM

Every step along the way, Tim Tebow only seems to attract more attention than he did at the last step. From Nease High School in Jacksonville to the University of Florida and now to the Denver Broncos.

Now finally, Tebow, the most talked about person in sports, has a beer named after him, even though he doesn't drink.

Bonfire Brewing in Colorado is introducing Tebrew, a righteously strong barleywine ale. Some have suggested that it tastes pretty lousy for the first three quarters of the glass or so, but gets magically wonderful in that final quarter.

One glass and you're down on bended knee?

The brewery only made 150 gallons of it. It's only to be available at its taproom in Eagle, Colo., this Sunday, right about the time Tebow and the Broncos take on the New England Patriots.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/17/11 - 10:45 pm
ICL, interesting that you

ICL, interesting that you have no idea what I'm talking about because I get that same feeling reading your posts. Maybe just a difference in our reasoning and logic? But I was just thinking if wine in the Bible really doesn't mean wine, but actually is some kind of Kool-aid, do other words not mean what we think they mean?

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/17/11 - 10:51 pm
"What we today consider wine,

"What we today consider wine, is not the same quality or strength of the drink refered to in biblical times. "

Riverman1, please use some brain cells God gave you and don't make stuff up. I never said wine wasn't wine, I said it was not the same quality or strength. If you drink a coke and the carbination has gone flat, you're still drinking a coke, just not the same quality.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/17/11 - 10:56 pm
You know how Catholics have

You know how Catholics have these miracles and all? You guys are going to be changing your tune about Tebow if Jesus swoops down on the field Sunday when Tebow throws the ball in front of 80 thousand people and a national TV audience and brings one of Tebow's errant passes right into the receivers hands in the endzone. I can see the officials throwing flags while the Denver coach challenges the call and asks for instant replay review. Then the analysts in the booth trying to explain why the call on the field will be overturned because acts of God can't be against the rules.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/17/11 - 10:57 pm
ICL, that makes sense. The

ICL, that makes sense. The wine in the Bible has an asterisk beside it...kind of.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/17/11 - 11:03 pm
I was reading how to get the

I was reading how to get the alcohol out of wine and it's a filtering and distillation process...interesting. The taste of the wine is apparently still good.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/18/11 - 09:37 am
You know Tebow does kind of

You know Tebow does kind of resemble Jesus. Do we know he actually came from his parents? There's something funny about him. I can't wait to see the game today when they play the Patriots.

BarstoolDreamer
BarstoolDreamer 12/18/11 - 10:33 am
I love it how "wine" is one

I love it how "wine" is one of the few Words that do not mean exactly what it is supposed to mean.....I wonder how many others do not mean what they are supposed to mean for the sake of convienciece.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/18/11 - 11:30 am
River, you know that you

River, you know that you don't believe a word that you are saying...you are just trying to aggravate ICL.

I'm going to watch the game today, though, usually I don't. I'm looking forward to every aspect of it. As to whether the Bronco's win or lose, it doesn't matter.

What Tebow gets, is, that with Christ, we always win even while losing on this earth.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/18/11 - 11:34 am
Willow..ha....but you know

Willow..ha....but you know the Bible does say in one place "unleavened bread." That's flat bread. So I guess there could have been flat wine.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/18/11 - 11:35 am
I like Tebow, but one day the

I like Tebow, but one day the linebackers are going to get him cornered and take out a lot of their frustration on him.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/18/11 - 12:21 pm
Hey, River, I'm glad you're

Hey, River, I'm glad you're in the book lookin!
I'd tell you to ease up on ICL, but frankly, I think she can whoop ya:)

I'd love to talk with Tebow. You know, I love what he is modelling to other men, young and old and in every walk of life. You might be right, those lb's might be willing to hurt him, and God could even allow it, but I don't think it would change anything.

I think a lot of people would be surprised to actually know what he is praying. Most people probably believe he is asking to win the game. I don't think so. There's so much to talk about with him; I like that he is showing the example of the Christian warriors of the Old Testament. You know they always prayed BEFORE facing the battle; they didn't wait until they got their tails beat and then start praying about it! Pretty cool stuff. We could all learn a lot from this kid. I'm going to even learn to love football. My husband is looking forward to that.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 12:43 pm
Why beer....why not ice

Why beer....why not ice cream....he doesn't drink,,they say..

WB...I think it might be a toss-up between ICL & River....maybe he has an edge though...ya know he was in the service....but then again she does have the foot work & we all know she has staying power...

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/18/11 - 01:29 pm
Y'all ain't funny. Ha..just

Y'all ain't funny. Ha..just joking. If I went against ICL in anything, I'd bet on her myself.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/18/11 - 04:47 pm
Riverman1, you know I like

Riverman1, you know I like you and seenitB4, my staying power isn't my own, it's the Lords. As long as you are following biblical truth you've got nothing to worry about. As WB said, as long as the subject is peeking Riverman's interest enough that he's looking, that's a blessing in my opinion.

BarStoolDreamer, wine means wine today and in biblical times. The difference is the strength of the wine. It's been posted here numerous of times if you cared to read the post.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/18/11 - 05:07 pm
ICL said.... Riverman1, you

ICL said....
Riverman1, you know I like you and seenitB4

yeh....but do you LOVE us like you do WB???? I'm just not feeling it...

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/18/11 - 07:40 pm
I love you.

I love you.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/18/11 - 07:45 pm
seenitB4, I love you as

seenitB4, I love you as Christ would love you. Is that fair enough? I said like because I don't really know you and to say love as I believe you mean it would be a little stretch of the truth. As for WB, I love her the same and I find her a very likeable person. Since I don't really know her either, I'll say I love her because I know she is a sister in Christ and part of the family. Could I say the same about you and Riverman?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/18/11 - 08:00 pm
I lub EVERYBODY. Anybody but

I lub EVERYBODY. Anybody but me watching the game? Tebow just scored and they are only down by 11 now. 9 minutes to go.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/18/11 - 08:19 pm
Yep, took the 6 pts. Easy

Yep, took the 6 pts. Easy come easy go

BarstoolDreamer
BarstoolDreamer 12/18/11 - 08:59 pm
ICL... I did care to read

ICL... I did care to read them and did before I made my post, I am not saying that jc miracled up some makers mark but it was indeed wine, not grape juice, or cider but wine. If discussing the strength makes one feel better bout their personal choices have at it

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/19/11 - 12:05 am
BarstoolDreamer, then what

BarstoolDreamer, then what did you mean by this statement "I love it how "wine" is one of the few Words that do not mean exactly what it is supposed to mean"? No one that I read stated wine wasn't wine or that it was grape juice, only that it was of different strength (and can still be called wine).

If I take an 8 ounce glass of wine and pour it into a guart of water, is it still wine (yes). If I take an 8 ounce glass of wine and pour it into a gallon of water, is it still wine (yes) BUT both will be of different strenths.

Just for the record, my personal choice is to obstain, and that makes me feel better.

BarstoolDreamer
BarstoolDreamer 12/19/11 - 03:30 am
the point is that wine is

the point is that wine is wine, and to say that naming a beer (which also comes in different strengths) after Tebow is a slap in the face of god is sort of a slap in the face of the one that seemed to think that running out of wine was cause for a miracle.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/19/11 - 08:17 am
I'll have to say I lubs you

I'll have to say I lubs you all too....GOB thinks I lubs ya'll toooo much...he thinks I spend too much time on here lubing ebbybody..:)

And I lubs Bud light too.