Armed man robs newspaper vendor

A newspaper vendor was robbed around noon Sunday on the 2300 block of Windsor Spring Road.

The victim told a Richmond County deputy that he was approached by the robber, who pointed a knife at his chest and demanded money.

When the vendor refused to hand over any money, the robber pulled up his shirt and revealed a pistol, saying, “Are you sure about that?”

The robber then grabbed cash and ran away on foot. A report describes the robber as a black male with buck teeth, about 5-foot-11, wearing a white, black and green jacket, black pants and a white T-shirt. He was carrying a black-handled kitchen knife and a black small caliber pistol.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/28/11 - 09:04 am
Windsor

Windsor Spring---Meadowbrook---Bayvale---Wheeless--Richmond Hill...
Put some dang stakeouts in these areas....

stillamazed
stillamazed 11/28/11 - 10:23 am
What is really sad is that

What is really sad is that the paper vendor is actually trying to earn honest money, unlike these no good hoodlums who are cowards that want to take what another works for......unlikely he will get caught but we can all hope that eventually he will mess up and get what is coming to him. Amen NissanGuy08 that seems to be the only defense honest people have.

raul
raul 11/28/11 - 01:38 pm
@stillamazed. Really. Poor

@stillamazed. Really. Poor guy probably doesn't make that much money selling papers and some lowlife takes it from him. Hope there is such a thing as karma. Payback is hell.

macktaylor
macktaylor 11/28/11 - 04:22 pm
You know I hope this does not

You know I hope this does not become a deterrent. Seeing these vendors on Sundays has been a welcome sight in our community. It gives us such a small town feel.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 11/28/11 - 05:19 pm
I hope that the Augusta

I hope that the Augusta Chronicle doesn't penalize this poor guy for being robbed! I mean, the guy was trying to do his job.

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 11/28/11 - 07:21 pm
At least they gave a pretty

At least they gave a pretty good description since it was an AC outlet:o)
If all the descriptions were this good we may have caught this guy long before one of theirs got robbed.

Turkeys taste own medicine

I got up and out of my sickbed so I could write this column because it’s time for the annual Turkey of the Year awards, the highlight of the holiday season.