Police probe fatal mall shooting near Atlanta

SMYRNA, Ga. — Cobb County police are investigating a shooting outside of a suburban Atlanta mall that left one man dead.

Cobb County Sgt. Dana Pierce said 29-year-old George Tabetando was shot multiple times after a fight late Saturday in the parking lot of the Macy’s at Cumberland Mall. Tabetando died from his injuries after he was rushed to a nearby hospital.

Authorities say the suspect — described as a black man with dreadlocks — fled the scene in a BMW that may have been driven by a woman.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/27/11 - 05:01 pm
Shootings at

Shootings at mall-----shooting at Fresh Markets----
are you safe anywhere??

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 11/27/11 - 05:31 pm
seenitB4, not really.

seenitB4, not really.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/27/11 - 06:04 pm
Shopping will be more

Shopping will be more dangerous this year. My daughter met friends at the Mall today, and I told her if anyone wanted her car or anything she had to just give it to them, but never go with them.

The smartest plan is to shop while thugs sleep. They are not early morning risers, but they do stay up late into the wee hours. The safest shopping times will be during daylight hours. The Fresh Market shooting today, is a wildcard that is out of the normal criminal prime time. We should be very watchful of what is going on around us at all times and leave the jewelry off in public places.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 11/27/11 - 06:23 pm
I'm afraid to wear most of my

I'm afraid to wear most of my jewelry. With theft being on the rise and the way gold has gone up, you worry about leaving the house in it. My gold hoop earrings with the monogram charm were always my back up, throw it on with anything, but now I'm almost afraid to wear those.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 11/27/11 - 08:30 pm
Cumberland mall is just the

Cumberland mall is just the northwestern Atlanta gang hangout.

countyman
20153
countyman 11/28/11 - 12:00 am
Shooting at Fresh Market?

Shooting at Fresh Market? WJBF, WRDW, and WAGT aren't even covering the story... I think you guys mean armed robbery right..