Cobb toddler left in room nailed shut, cops say

A Cobb County mother and her boyfriend are accused of locking a toddler in a bedroom by nailing the door shut, police said.

While the 3-year-old boy was locked in the room, he didn't have access to food and was surrounded by filth, according to arrest warrants obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Officers who went to the child's home on Monday had to kick down the bedroom door to reach the youngster, police said. The officers found that the boy was wearing a soiled diaper and had a severe rash.

That night, police arrested and charged Cindy Marie Cantu, 24, at Wellstone Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, where she had gone for treatment of injuries allegedly inflicted by Kyle Erwin Skinner, 23. Police arrested Skinner the following day at a Cherokee County residence.

david jennings
david jennings 11/26/11 - 08:37 am
My prayers for this child.

My prayers for this child. How can people possibly do things like this to a defenseless child, Lord help this world.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/26/11 - 08:44 am
Some just don't need

Some just don't need kids.....they don't deserve them.
How sad for this baby.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/26/11 - 11:12 am
no comment.

no comment.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 11/26/11 - 11:35 am
Patty-P, I guess "no comment"

Patty-P, I guess "no comment" is best, what can you really say?

happychimer
happychimer 11/26/11 - 12:15 pm
Our Father, who art in

Our Father, who art in Heaven.....

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/26/11 - 12:17 pm
I had a few choice words but

I had a few choice words but deleted them. I don't think the Chronicle allows profanity.

happychimer
happychimer 11/26/11 - 01:34 pm
Patty I understand what you

Patty I understand what you mean.

allhans
allhans 11/26/11 - 01:35 pm
Happy is right on. Prayer is

Happy is right on. Prayer is needed and needed NOW!

GaStang22
GaStang22 11/26/11 - 03:44 pm
People like this who abuse

People like this who abuse kids have every right in the world to have more kids to do this to. And I am the big bad guy for thinking we should have sterilization for morons who abuse, neglect and don't support their kids. I don't see their way as protecting the kids very well, they only step in AFTER the damage is done. Why not prevent it to start with. How can they advocate for knowingly allowing a precious angel to suffer? Seems pretty warped to me.

LiveLifeToTheFullest
LiveLifeToTheFullest 11/26/11 - 04:36 pm
I could never understand how

I could never understand how anyone can do such horrible things to children,they deserve what ever they get in prison!

gemini62882
gemini62882 11/26/11 - 10:25 pm
You should have to take a

You should have to take a test or some parenting classes or something to that effect before you have children. I mean you have to take a test to get out of high school, college, and to get a drivers license. In some cases some preachers have couples do counseling before they will marry them. Something needs to be done to protect children before the law has to get involved. But I know that everyone has a right to have children.

bjphysics
bjphysics 11/26/11 - 10:42 pm
Outrageous, some people need

Outrageous, some people need a butt kicking in the worst kind of way.

Bing0
Bing0 11/26/11 - 11:41 pm
You should have to take a

You should have to take a class??? A class would never help people like this. An abusive person has a problem down to the core of who they are. And, abuse seems like it must have a handful of people responsible for not reporting it involved...

Commissioners seek attorney general's opinion on SPLOST

Two Augusta commissioners are seeking an opinion from Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens on the city's disbursement of sales tax proceeds to non-profits.