Ga. man's anti-Obama sign stirs reaction

WACO, Ga. — A west Georgia business owner has been deluged with calls and emails after posting signs on his company’s trucks that say he’s not hiring anyone until President Barack Obama leaves office.

Waco-based U.S. Cranes LLC owner Bill Looman tells WXIA-TV that reaction has been so intense that he’s had to disconnect his phones and temporarily shut down the company’s website.

He posted the signs on his company’s trucks for other motorists to see on roads and interstates across the South. The signs proclaim “New Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone.”

Looman said he’s not refusing to hire employees to make a political point. He told WXIA that he can’t afford to hire anyone because of the economy, and he blames the people in power.

Vito45
Vito45 11/25/11 - 11:02 am
Freedom at work as it should

Freedom at work as it should be. He says his piece on his trucks and people are just as free to criticize. This is why I don't like gumment telling businesses who they have to serve. If they want it _____ only, so be it and let them suffer the wrath of those they are excluding.

sand gnat
sand gnat 11/25/11 - 11:08 am
If I had a use for a crane, I

If I had a use for a crane, I would buy it from this guy.

scgator
scgator 11/25/11 - 11:29 am
WORKS FOR ME !!!!!!! the

WORKS FOR ME !!!!!!! the trouble with democrats, is that they like freedom of speech.....up to the point that it makes them look bad...........then it is an "issue".

burninater
burninater 11/25/11 - 12:46 pm
Looman said he’s not refusing

Looman said he’s not refusing to hire employees to make a political point.
--------
I was rooting for the guy's boldness until he threw that cowardly lie out there.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 11/25/11 - 12:58 pm
nbc, jimmy fallon and his

nbc, jimmy fallon and his band of punks can play denigrating "music" about a conservative, female presedential candidate with impugnity. the national association against caucasian people and the anti-caucasian lefties united will seek to put Mr. Looman out of business. Who said democrats were honest people? Garbage.

yakirz
yakirz 11/25/11 - 01:36 pm
I hope he's out of business

I hope he's out of business before the next election.

eagle
eagle 11/25/11 - 04:30 pm
WORKS FOR ME TOO!!!! Still

WORKS FOR ME TOO!!!! Still have freedom of speech. Dems don't like it? Tough!!

3M3T1B
3M3T1B 11/25/11 - 04:46 pm
The man has cut off his nose

The man has cut off his nose to spite his face. He doesn't need to hire anyone because his business is possibly suffering from no phone and no website.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 11/25/11 - 04:59 pm
Love it. My wife recently

Love it. My wife recently received a call from a local siding business seeking work asking when we would likely be doing any renovations to our home. She answered"when Obama is out of office, then we might be able to afford it". This man and his inept handling of the economy has done more to harm this country than anyone in recent memory.
The sooner he is sent packing the better...

Haki
Haki 11/25/11 - 05:24 pm
If I had a use for a crane, I

If I had a use for a crane, I wouldn't use this guy. Is this how capitalism work?

Vito45
Vito45 11/25/11 - 05:30 pm
Yes Haki, that is exactly how

Yes Haki, that is exactly how it works. I fully support people making any political or politically incorrect statement they like; but for the life of me can't understand why a businessman might not care if they alienate a segment of potential customers. Money has but one color, GREEN.

Craig Spinks
Craig Spinks 11/25/11 - 06:48 pm
Vito45, How many standards

Vito45,

How many standards deviations below the mean do you think that Mr. Looman's IQ would probably fall?

By the way, a more accurate headline for this piece:

Anti-Obama businessman: Waco Loo(ney)man trucking for Chapter 13.

Bruno
Bruno 11/25/11 - 07:44 pm
Actually Spinks, a more

Actually Spinks, a more accurate headline would be "Business man exercises his 1st amendment rights. Lefties harass him until he has to shut off his phone and website." I guess the 1st amendment now only applies to OWS.

painfully honest
painfully honest 11/25/11 - 07:56 pm
This is the best news I've

This is the best news I've heard all day. This is exactly what happens when you open your mouth and insert your foot. Sure, everyone has a "right" to voice their opinions but I think they should do so tactfully. This cowardly act showed a lack of class on his part and as a result, the public is showing him what they think about it. I hope this stunt runs his behind right out of business. I think most Americans are tired of extremists like this. What happened to the way we were when I was a child? People didn't always agree with each other but they at least showed each other respect.

bjphysics
bjphysics 11/25/11 - 08:02 pm
I’m not hiring until the

I’m not hiring until the na..na..na..ni...is gone.

Got it.

painfully honest
painfully honest 11/25/11 - 08:06 pm
bj, you might have to explain

bj, you might have to explain that one.

bjphysics
bjphysics 11/25/11 - 08:14 pm
Up North but down Down South.

Up North but down Down South.

Bruno
Bruno 11/25/11 - 10:33 pm
Painfully honest, bjphysics

Painfully honest, bjphysics is attempting to say it is only because of race rather than the reasons expressed by the owner. It isn't "cowardly" to express himself nor does it show any disrespect on the owner's part.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 11/26/11 - 12:20 am
The right to assemble does

Vito45
Vito45 11/26/11 - 12:27 am
Craig, I suspect it is on the

Craig, I suspect it is on the lower end of the scale, but I support anyone's right to be stupid provided they are only harming themselves.

Vito45
Vito45 11/26/11 - 12:30 am
Iwannakno Saturday, Nov. 26

Iwannakno
Saturday, Nov. 26 12:20 AM

"The right to assemble does not mean you can sit in places that disrupt everyday activities. I have the right to assemble but I don't have the right to assemble in the middle of washington road and bobby jones."

Double dittos. This is a point lost on many.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 11/26/11 - 07:24 am
Not sure what to say about

Not sure what to say about this one. ON one hand he was for SURE making an anti-Obama political point, otherwise he would have said, "I am not hiring new people until the economy is back on track and the politicians get out of my way."

Or something like that, but two things are for certain, this guy is 100% BRILLIANT! Now he has international attention. I am sure he will be able to make it off of anti-Obama folks business for sure.

I would not be surprised if this is not discussed in a the next GOP debate, anyone want to bet me?

Brad

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/26/11 - 07:40 am
This guy will get a million

This guy will get a million bucks of free adds...tv-newspapers......crazy as a fox.

Techfan
Techfan 11/26/11 - 07:48 am
Bruno:"Business man exercises

Bruno:"Business man exercises his 1st amendment rights. Lefties harass him until he has to shut off his phone and website". Actually, the article states, "reaction has been so intense that he’s had to disconnect his phones and temporarily shut down the company’s website.' It doesn't say whether the reaction is positive or negative.

Techfan
Techfan 11/26/11 - 08:05 am
Favorite singer: Hank, Jr.,

Favorite singer: Hank, Jr., favorite book: The Art of War, favorite tv: Fox "News". Per his FB page. Lots of nice posts as well from his friends "teh libtards"(sic), "nobammy", posts from Breitbart and WND, nice pictures of Confederate battle flags, lots of hate. I think that gives a pretty good answer to this guy's head.

bjphysics
bjphysics 11/26/11 - 08:06 am
“Why They Hated Clinton Then,

“Why They Hated Clinton Then, Why They Hate Obama Now”

“‘He is not an American citizen!’ the Obama-hating Delaware woman rages in the latest viral YouTube video. ‘He is a citizen of Kenya. I am American … and I don’t want this flag to change. I want my country back!’

The entire rant is notable not just for the quivering hostility this unidentified woman expresses toward the president of the United States (she seems on the verge of tears at points) and the utter nonsense of her claim, but also for the fervent response of her fellow audience members: They, too, are entirely convinced that an imposter from Kenya has conned his way into the White House.”

[snip]

“There are several elements at work here. The most essential is that Obama is a Democrat, which, for them, automatically marks him as unfit for the presidency. But that’s only part of it.”

55 F-100
55 F-100 11/26/11 - 08:12 am
All he would have to do is to

All he would have to do is to change the wording to "We can't afford to hire anyone until Obama-care is voided and Obama is dethroned"

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 11/28/11 - 02:54 am
There are left wing nuts and

There are left wing nuts and there are right wing nuts...the sad things us normal nuts get thrown in and we become a country of mixed nuts. No politician wants to stand for anything other than blaming the other guy. They make promises they never intend to keep. Term limits and cap on campaign contributions...do away with lobbyists. No bills passed that someone with a 12th grade education cannot understand. It can be done and it should be done...by the people for the people yet it seems the politicians have become the people and we have become cast outs in our own country. Our forefathers would be ashamed at the waste machine our government has become. They would be outraged that people are allowed to live their entire lives on free land with a free monthly check without contributing anything to this country. I love this country and she will always be great but it's time to get back to the basics that made her that way...

Techfan
Techfan 12/02/11 - 07:03 am
It sure is a shame that the

It sure is a shame that the TV station didn't do a little research to find out this guy is a racist domestic terrorist before they gave him his 15 seconds of fame.

City Ink: New board means more work for me

First Mayor-elect Hardie Davis will be sworn in, and the very next day the work will begin. Commissioners will meet and the gavel will fall. It will be a brand new day at City Hall.