Black Friday shooting wounds SC woman, 55

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — A 55-year-old woman has been shot and wounded during a robbery that Myrtle Beach police say was related to Black Friday shopping.

Police say the woman was shot in the foot after two men demanded her purse shortly after 1 a.m. Friday in a parking lot across from a Wal-Mart store.

Another woman told police the victim was at the trunk of her car when she heard the victim scream.

The second woman fired several shots in the air and the suspects ran away with the victim’s purse.

The woman was taken to a local hospital. There was no word on her condition.

Capt. Kevin Heins told WMBF-TV he thinks the shooting was related to Black Friday shopping and urged shoppers to be aware of their surroundings.

Common.sense
Common.sense 11/25/11 - 02:18 pm
I hope noone else was injured

I hope noone else was injured due to the second woman's actions.

Don't shoot into the air you morons. The bullets have to come down somewhere.

GaStang22
GaStang22 11/25/11 - 07:57 pm
I agree Common.sense, but

I agree Common.sense, but research the whole story. She had to make a split second decision to save their lives. I wouldn't be so judgemental of her. Her other choice was to fire at them, which I wish she would have killed them all, but she didn't want to BECAUSE she may hit others nearby. Thank God no bystanders were hurt by the strays, but She did what she thought was right at the time while scared to death for the lives of her family members. There is no one to blame or call names except the wastes of flesh who tried to rob and kill them and I so hope they do meet the victim that puts bullets right between their eyes! http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/11/25/3552821/sc-woman-shot-after-black...

bclicious
bclicious 11/25/11 - 10:30 pm
Yea, I wish she would have

Yea, I wish she would have shot them. I'll bet any amount of money that she would have gotten away with it. We don't take too kindly to thieves in the south.

Vito45
Vito45 11/26/11 - 01:37 am
Common.sense; physics will

Common.sense; physics will instruct you that a falling bullet has a terminal velocity that is not necessarily deadly.

Common.sense
Common.sense 11/26/11 - 02:03 am
Vito tell that to the

Vito tell that to the children that have died during celebratory gunfire on July 4th.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 11/26/11 - 06:31 am
Glad the one lady was armed,

Glad the one lady was armed, WHERE WAS SECURITY?

Do you mean to tell me that with all that cash and merch being carried around at those hours that the stores and shopping centers can't hire extra armed security for a couple of days?

I wish she had been better trained so that she could have shot these vermin down.

I hate saying that, but if you use a gun like they did, it is only a matter of time before they kill during the act of robbery. Better them than us.

Buy a gun, learn to shoot, get a permit to carry and protect yourselves.

DaVitte slaying suspect still in Florida

A month after the slaying of 55-year-old Bill DaVitte, suspect Daniel Nelson Robinson, 21, remains in a Jacksonville, Fla., detention facility.