Woman posed for nude photos near Gwinnett church, police say

SNELLVILLE, Ga. --A suburban Atlanta woman was arrested and charged with public indecency along with an Atlanta photographer after police say the woman was posing nude near a Gwinnett County church earlier this month.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that when Gwinnett police Officer B.P. Kelly approached an undeveloped area next to the First Pentecostal Slavic Church on Stone Mountain Highway, he said he found Natasha Smith, 22, of Snellville standing in the sun nude atop a rock hill and Corey Lightfoot, 42, of Atlanta photographing the woman with a digital camera, according to a police report obtained by Channel 2 Action News..

The photo shoot occurred just before 4 p.m. on Nov. 5, according to the police report. The report said the woman quickly ducked behind some rocks as the officer approached, re-emerging a short time later in a white T-shirt and a pair of jeans.

After taking the camera’s memory card, however, officers charged Smith and Lightfoot with public indecency and criminal trespass. They were taken to Gwinnet County jail and bond was set at $650 on each count.

seenitB4

allhans 11/19/11 - 10:24 am
Is it on Utube yet?

Is it on Utube yet?

bjphysics
bjphysics 11/19/11 - 10:30 am
“First Pentecostal Slavic

“First Pentecostal Slavic Church on Stone Mountain Highway”

Say that ten times fast; does have funny ring to it, like Greek Baptist or Black Mormon.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/19/11 - 11:25 am
They took the memory card.

They took the memory card. lol. Probably to keep and enjoy for themselves.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 11/19/11 - 12:25 pm
Was that a crack rock?

Was that a crack rock?

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/19/11 - 03:49 pm
Stone Mountain Highway...I've

Stone Mountain Highway...I've been there before. Nice scenery.

Black Mamba
Black Mamba 11/19/11 - 03:00 pm
This seems like a waste of

This seems like a waste of law enforcement resources. I'm sure God has seen worse than a naked human body ;-)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/19/11 - 03:09 pm
Patty-P I was thinking the

Patty-P I was thinking the same thing about the memory card. I'll bet it's being passed around the department!

broad street narrow mind
broad street narrow mind 11/19/11 - 03:40 pm
what right did cops have to

what right did cops have to take that? disgusting.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/19/11 - 03:43 pm
I say if any woman wants to

I say if any woman wants to walk around nude, let her.

specsta
specsta 11/19/11 - 03:44 pm
What a complete waste of

What a complete waste of police resources. How about just asking the young lady to cover up and move on? No one was harmed, killed or maimed. Also, if the police make "copies" of this photographer's copyrighted photos to "pass around", without a court order, they will be in violation of federal copyright law.

I wonder if she would have been arrested if posing in camouflage holding fake guns and grenades? Probably not. We love our violence in this society and we condemn something natural like nudity.

blakkone
blakkone 11/19/11 - 03:50 pm
Cop + slow crime day *

Cop + slow crime day * nothing to do = PETTY ARRESTS.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/19/11 - 03:55 pm
Patty said, "Stone Mountain

Patty said, "Stone Mountain Highway...I've been there before. Nice scenery."

If we could find that church, I've got a camera.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/19/11 - 04:02 pm
River...thanks but I wouldn't

River...thanks but I wouldn't want my pictures floating around the police department. :)

broad street narrow mind
broad street narrow mind 11/19/11 - 06:38 pm
i hope she sues the pants off

i hope she sues the pants off those cops.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/19/11 - 07:16 pm
Initially when I read the AC

Initially when I read the AC article, I thought 'no harm done'. But after reading the full article, it states that she had her 2-year old daughter with her at the shoot. Now that is deserving of an arrest.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 11/19/11 - 10:08 pm
A complete waste of time and

A complete waste of time and resources.

Black Mamba
Black Mamba 11/20/11 - 12:23 am
Patty a kid seeing it's

Patty a kid seeing it's mother naked is hardly worth an arrest. Nude bodies are natural. Calm down now.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/20/11 - 08:53 am
bsnm, I hope you are being

bsnm, I hope you are being sarcastic. What grounds would Ms. Smith have to sue the officers. The couple was warned earlier in the day about the nudity and they later came back and repeated the same offense. As stupid as it may seem, when did we start picking and choosing which laws are okay to break and which laws require an arrest.

Since the couple was arrested I'm sure the camera memory card had to be entered into evidence. Whether it was viewed prior to being logged in, who really cares. Ms. Smith was having the pictures made because she wanted to become an exoctic dancer, I'm sure she doesn't mind a few men viewing the product.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/20/11 - 09:30 am
I'm really upset that animal

I'm really upset that animal pets are allowed to go around nude. Their genitals are exposed and that's disgusting. They even do other things in public. Why don't we clothe animals? That could prevent much of the other activity. I don't believe a male dog has thumbs where he could unfasten the snaps like men do. But I say we start with the big animals first. Bulls and cows have things hanging everywhere. It could help our economy and improve the morals of this country. That lady in the Columbia County Library whose grandson found the book with curse words would understand, I know.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/11 - 09:54 am
River....You couldn't pay me

River....You couldn't pay me to walk around nude...some can do it & good for them...
I have had dreams of sitting on the first pew at church in the nude....a neighbor would come up & cover me with his jacket...yikes.....it was always the first pew & always nekkid....I'm sure there is some"meaning" to that dream....I also dreamed I could fly..I would wake up with the nekkid dream......:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/20/11 - 10:08 am
SeenIt, I have those nude

SeenIt, I have those nude dreams too where I'm at some kind of meeting and those around me are clothed. I keep trying to make like it's no big deal to be naked. Heh.

Ditto, the flying part too. Ain't that something flying all around doing dips and dives. Ummm, wonder what being naked and flying have to do with each other?

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/20/11 - 11:26 am
You're right blackmamba.

You're right blackmamba. Nothing wrong with mom being seen naked and posing for nude photos with a man. Maybe she can even take little miss to work with her when she gets that dancer job.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/20/11 - 11:29 am
Patty, I bet the two year old

Patty, I bet the two year old was sleeping. The police just had to throw her into the thing to support their actions.

Patty-P
Patty-P 11/20/11 - 11:49 am
It didn't say much about the

It didn't say much about the 2-year old but why would anyone take their daughter with them to do nude photos like that? I see nothing wrong with taking the photos but bringing your kid along to watch is wrong IMHO.

harley_52
harley_52 11/20/11 - 12:54 pm
Why are these things never

Why are these things never announced in advance?