North Augusta Public Safety Capt. Charles Williams said they received the call around 7:45 p.m. to the 300 block of East Martintown Road.
Renter Sonya Williams said they had been having electrical problems at the house and that the landlord had been trying to get it fixed. She said she was cooking dinner when something “popped” on the stove and a flame erupted. She told her family to run out the front door as she ran out the back.
Capt. Williams said there was heavy fire damage to the entire home.
Trucks from Belvedere and Clearwater fire departments were called to help because there was a home football game at North Augusta High School, so many of the public safety officers were on special assignment.
No one was hurt.