Government

More News | | | Editor

Russell makes short list for Sarasota County administrator

Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2011 3:10 PM
Last updated 9:24 PM

Augusta City Administrator Fred Russell remains in the running for a similar position in Sarasota County, Fla.

Russell was among three candidates chosen as finalists by the five-member Sarasota County Commission during a Tuesday meeting, Communications Director Crystal Pruitt said.

The commission subsequently added a fourth, North Palm Beach, Fla., City Administrator Ed Mitchell, to the list at the encouragement of the executive headhunter handling the search, Pruitt confirmed.

Russell goes against Mitchell; Alachua County, Fla., Administrator Randall Reid; and York County, S.C., Manager James E. Baker in an interview process that begins with a meet-and-greet Sunday, she said.

Russell said he was “honored to be selected as one of the finalists and look(s) forward to discussing the opportunity with members of the Sarasota commission.”

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/08/11 - 03:27 pm
There's always hope.

There's always hope.

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/08/11 - 03:29 pm
Like I said before! Fred, if

Like I said before! Fred, if you are offered the job; take it and don't look back! I can't believe the things that you have endured but I believe that your heart was always in the right place even though others would crucify you! Anyone deserves better than what you have had to endure!

bjphysics
bjphysics 11/08/11 - 03:49 pm
I hope the poor guy and his

I hope the poor guy and his family are able to escape the dying community to safe haven.

wildman
wildman 11/08/11 - 06:20 pm
Run Fred Run! Best thing for

Run Fred Run! Best thing for you, let me think about this for a minute Sarasota, Fl or Augusta, Ga not much to think about, see you later Augusta. With the reputation of Augusta politics no one better will ever come here of course you pay them twice what Fred makes. Good luck.

harley_52
harley_52 11/08/11 - 07:54 pm
What makes you think

What makes you think Sarasota's dying?

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 11/09/11 - 01:12 am
I went to the Sarasota County

I went to the Sarasota County web site and send my strong recommendtaion of support for Russell to get the job to each of the commissoners. Everyone who believes in Augusta should do the same.

wildman
wildman 11/09/11 - 04:04 am
44 get it! Love living in the

44 get it! Love living in the Augusta area but why would you want to work with the politicians here. No sense of ownership or appreciation of job.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/09/11 - 04:34 am
Sarasota has a racial make-up

Sarasota has a racial make-up that's 80% one way. They have a strong commission that also runs the school system.

It would seem like a dream place for an administrator after this place where a commissioner gets the county to give her friend money for weight loss surgery and commissioners are bribed to approve projects. Survive a decade in Richmond County government and you are a better person than I am.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 11/11/11 - 01:43 am
Riverman1, I would have to

Riverman1, I would have to agree with that....

Census: Augusta young adults struggling

A new report shows that young adults in the area today are better educated and on average, earn more money than 30 years ago, but are far more likely to be unemployed, unmarried and living with ...