Macon firefighter 'prank' now on YouTube

Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2011 4:21 PM
Last updated 4:33 PM

MACON, Ga. -- Macon-Bibb County fire officials are investigating a video posted online Sunday depicting what appears to be a masked man threatening firefighters with a gun inside a fire station.

The Macon Telegraph reports that the video, posted on YouTube, is titled Rookie prank, and it reportedly was filmed at the department’s firehouse on Peake Road.

This image taken from a video posted on YouTube shows a man holding what appears to be a pistol and threatening Macon-Bibb County firefighters. The video was titled “Rookie prank.”Chief Marvin Riggins said he first learned of the video Monday morning and has plans to talk with the firefighters involved.

* Read more:

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 09/20/11 - 05:01 pm
Some firefighters are just a

Some firefighters are just a bunch of big kids! But don't worry...when that alarm rings, they grow up real quick and help to protect us. Remember, these guys go IN to a fire that the rest of us are running away FROM! I hope they cut them some slack on this one...they were just playing, and nobody got hurt.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 09/20/11 - 05:35 pm
That was totally ridiculous.

That was totally ridiculous. Not enough sense for their positions.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 09/20/11 - 06:13 pm
Willow, you might be right,

Willow, you might be right, but you gotta remember we're talking about a bunch of guys! Guys get things like "The Three Stooges" type of humor...women don't. Not saying I thought it was especially funny, and it certainly wasn't appropriate.

Willow Bailey
20602
Willow Bailey 09/20/11 - 07:29 pm
I know, JMO, I can be a stick

I know, JMO, I can be a stick in the mud on silly stunts. We do have our differences:)

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/20/11 - 08:22 pm
My question is that a real

My question is that a real gun or a toy. If it's a real firearm, I hope it wasn't loaded. I know boys will be be boys but I didn't find anything funny about this video.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/20/11 - 11:11 pm
Even if it wasn't a real gun

Even if it wasn't a real gun (which I hope it wasn't) it was not funny to scare people like that and he is lucky that the police weren't called in and shot him or the guys they were trying to "prank" were carrying concealed. I know boys will be boys, but sometimes boys go overboard in their pranks and someone gets hurt. However, I hope the fact that it was supposed to be a joke will be taken into consideration and no one is suspended without pay or even worse loses their job.

Faces of Survival: Breast Cancer Awareness Month series

Breast cancer has touched thousands of families across the Augusta area. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October, The Au­gus­ta Chronicle will be featuring ...