Couple leaves restaurant owing bill

A man and a woman walked out of a Japanese restaurant on Sunday without paying their $55.36 tab, according to a Richmond County sheriff's report.

"Ya'll can just call the cops on us, we leaving," the couple reportedly stated as they walked out of Miyako's on the 2800 block of Washington Road around 7:30 p.m.

The complainant, Wei Lin, planned to press charges of theft of services.

my.voice
my.voice 08/15/11 - 12:27 pm
Meanwhile in other

Meanwhile in other breaking-news, it rained on BOTH Friday and Saturday nights! Stay tuned for more riveting stories!

Butterfly83
Butterfly83 08/15/11 - 12:28 pm
GOSTANG22--- You are saying u

GOSTANG22--- You are saying u would seriously call the cops if u were unhappy??? What a waste of the taxpayers money!!!!!!

AnotherOneBitesTheDust
AnotherOneBitesTheDust 08/15/11 - 12:32 pm
my.voice LOL

my.voice LOL

broad street narrow mind
broad street narrow mind 08/15/11 - 12:40 pm
this tuna is cold. call the

this tuna is cold. call the police!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/15/11 - 12:42 pm
This riveting news story has

This riveting news story has now made it to number 1 on the "Most Active Stories" list.

GaStang22
GaStang22 08/15/11 - 01:16 pm
No, I wouldn't call the cops,

No, I wouldn't call the cops, but if someone was calling the cops on me, I'd wait for them, not run. I thought that was pretty clear, sorry. And no, I don't waste taxpayers money, I don't have that entitlement attitude.

lexcabguy2004
lexcabguy2004 08/15/11 - 01:37 pm
Wutz the difference? You can

Wutz the difference? You can by groceryes and someone else pays four it and you eat at home.. may be wanted to eat out and someone else shuld pay for it. i don't see anything wrong with it. Everyone has the right to eat out and relax every know and than weather they can afford it or not. They probabley did not care if they got there licence plait or not.

bdouglas
bdouglas 08/15/11 - 01:47 pm
@lexcabguy2004 I see what

@lexcabguy2004 I see what you did there...

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 08/15/11 - 02:22 pm
A learning experience in

A learning experience in American culture for our Asian brother, Wei Lin. He'll know what to do the next time something like this happens.

He'll get himself a good, powerful, high caliber piece of heat and when the next freeloader flips him the bird and tells him he's leaving, he'll pull out his weapon, point it straight at the customer's head and tell him to sit his *!#* butt back down on the chair and pay his tab. That ought to take care of the problem.

harryosborn
harryosborn 08/15/11 - 03:39 pm
Just because a bill was given

Just because a bill was given does not mean that the money is owed.

iLove
iLove 08/15/11 - 03:42 pm
everyone talking about the

everyone talking about the entitlement crowd falls into the hands of the AC every time. . . .ask yourself this. . . .is this really news? or just some story to get my draws in a bunch?

The esteemed reporters @ the AC only gave less than 1/2 of the story. They only gave the climax, yet you people already know that they were entitlement crowd people, based on what....I guess the quote that was placed in the story, seeing as thats the only description of the couple we have.

Vito45
Vito45 08/15/11 - 04:23 pm
Broad Street says: "i know

Broad Street says: "i know the moderator of these comments is very meticulous. i wonder what his list of words for racist includes. i feel like there are a couple commenters who get away with code words that seem pretty obvious to me."

What words would those be? They are only code words to those who make assocaition between the words and something else. You made that association, so I wonder about what is in your mental closet? This isn't a personal attack by any means, I just find it interesting that people make associations, then point the finger at the other guy who used the words to begin with as if their thought processes mirror each other.
Again, I looked back over the posts and did not see anything implying the race of the patrons. What was it?

Vito45
Vito45 08/15/11 - 04:26 pm
Ilove, would you please place

Ilove, would you please place the word "some of" in front of comments like this: " you people already know that they were entitlement crowd people," ? You are using a brush that is too broad otherwise. Like you, I have no idea about the these people other than it was a couple. Nothing else was implied in the article.

copperhead
copperhead 08/15/11 - 04:29 pm
iLove,I called them part of

iLove,I called them part of the "entitlement" crowd because they seem to think they should be able to eat a meal without paying for it. Let someone ELSE pay! The owner has too much anyway.

dougk
dougk 08/15/11 - 07:16 pm
Holy cow...all this

Holy cow...all this blabbering about nothing over a 5 line news article that includes absolutely no context. If Augusta was "cool." no one would have time for all this.

KSL
KSL 08/15/11 - 07:07 pm
As with many Augusta

As with many Augusta Chronicle stories, well most news stories in general from all media, we are not given enough information. How hard would it have been to have reported on whether they ate the whole meal or took a few bites, especially when that changes the complexion of the incident so much?

KSL
KSL 08/15/11 - 07:09 pm
Could it be that information

Could it be that information is left out intentionally in order to get more comments from the public?

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 08/15/11 - 10:13 pm
No excuse to not pay and

No excuse to not pay and walk, NONE! Complaint with food quality, service, fine, make the complaint, maybe the restaurant will offer the meal for free, maybe not, no matter, once you order and receive, you either pay or work out an agreement with management not to. Press charges if they walked out.

dougk
dougk 08/15/11 - 07:20 pm
I'm not convinced of your

I'm not convinced of your argument, augusta citizen. I think the paying customer has the upper hand...if person receives trash, the customer is under no obligation to pay. Where that line is drawn...is a real issue, however.

KSL
KSL 08/15/11 - 07:59 pm
"I think the paying customer

"I think the paying customer has the upper hand.... if person receives trash, the customer in under no obligation to pay. Where that line is drawn....is the real issue, however. "

Well, according to this poorly reported article, the paying customers didn't take the proper measures to issue a complaint about either bad food or bad service. They just walked out and said "Good Luck." At least that is what the reporting has lead us to believe. At this point, I say they are in the wrong.

erniereed
erniereed 08/15/11 - 08:01 pm
This is stupid nonsense.

This is stupid nonsense.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/15/11 - 08:44 pm
Before we became a litigious

Before we became a litigious society with lawyers looking for lawsuits and policemen believing if they got a call someone has to be locked up, people feared good old whuppings. Whoever was wrong in this case should have gotten a good ole fashion one. We need a little fear in society that we should do the right thing.

KSL
KSL 08/15/11 - 08:22 pm
I agree, Riverman1. Now if

I agree, Riverman1. Now if erniereed is saying, in his comment, that this minor theft should be overlooked because it is so insignificant, Heaven help us!

dougk
dougk 08/15/11 - 08:31 pm
KSL....we don't know what

KSL....we don't know what happened is the point. All we have is the complaintant's report. We have no idea what preceded that. WHY would you call it a minor "theft." You serve me dog crap, I'm not paying. Is that theft??

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/15/11 - 08:46 pm
Did they eat the dog crap?

Did they eat the dog crap?

KSL
KSL 08/15/11 - 08:48 pm
dougk, do I really need to

dougk, do I really need to spell it out? I called it a minor theft at this point because it was $55 dollars and some cents. I worked in the court system and I know what goes to Magistrates Court and what goes to so called, Big Court.

Where in the story did you get the idea that they were served "dog crap." Fault the reporter if that was true and he did not report that allegation. Don't fault me.

Why should the rest of us assume, as you do, that the food was unacceptable? Show me where that assumption is indicated based on the reporting!

Richmnd Cty Votr
Richmnd Cty Votr 08/15/11 - 08:52 pm
There will be one last word

There will be one last word for these folks .... KARMA! Wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

dougk
dougk 08/15/11 - 08:55 pm
I don't care where you

I don't care where you worked, KSL. You don't know any more than I do. Why are you assuming the food was acceptable. Got ya!!

InChristLove
InChristLove 08/15/11 - 09:22 pm
Where does it mention food at

Where does it mention food at all. The article says $55.36 tab. Maybe they drank $55 worth......does this place sell beer and liquor?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 08/15/11 - 09:33 pm
Too many assumptions to make

Too many assumptions to make any stand; other than the obvious one which again is...two sides to every story. So far, we have heard about 1/8th of Wei Lin's side. I'm neither impressed or convinced. We could focus on the poor job of the piece..."F" in reporting.