Couple leaves restaurant owing bill

A man and a woman walked out of a Japanese restaurant on Sunday without paying their $55.36 tab, according to a Richmond County sheriff's report.

"Ya'll can just call the cops on us, we leaving," the couple reportedly stated as they walked out of Miyako's on the 2800 block of Washington Road around 7:30 p.m.

The complainant, Wei Lin, planned to press charges of theft of services.

broad street narrow mind
broad street narrow mind 08/15/11 - 06:44 am
a dine and dash made the

a dine and dash made the news!

broad street narrow mind
broad street narrow mind 08/15/11 - 06:45 am
i mean, a dine and dash made

i mean, a dine and dash made the news, y'all.

commonsense-is-endangere
commonsense-is-endangere 08/15/11 - 07:16 am
Ouch! $55.36 for a meal for

Ouch! $55.36 for a meal for two!

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 08/15/11 - 07:20 am
"home of the brave and land

"home of the brave and land of the FREE".

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/15/11 - 07:27 am
Nervy couple..

Nervy couple..

billyjones1949
billyjones1949 08/15/11 - 07:41 am
commonsense, If you go

commonsense, If you go somewhere nice it costs that much or more if you have several beers or drinks. Went to The Chop House Saturday night and two beers and two meals were $68.00.

getalife
getalife 08/15/11 - 08:05 am
Must be desperate for news

Must be desperate for news today.

GaStang22
GaStang22 08/15/11 - 08:18 am
Did they get a tag? That

Did they get a tag? That price isn't out of the question at a Japanese place, especially if they get the show. Not to mention it's a great deal if you weren't planning on paying anyway. lol I hope they find these losers and after thet get out of jail, make them pull community service shoveling at a landfill or something with waste water, maybe it will curb their appetite. lol

chadwick323i
chadwick323i 08/15/11 - 08:25 am
This is news?? I know

This is news?? I know somebody out there is stealing copper and hair weave!!!

allhans
allhans 08/15/11 - 08:45 am
Love the

Love the quote.

chadwick..Could it be the same ones?

2 B just me1
2 B just me1 08/15/11 - 08:52 am
I would like to hear the

I would like to hear the other side of the story,,,with them walking out of Miyako's on the 2800 block of Washington Road and saying "Ya'll can just call the cops on us, we leaving," makes me believe they had a bad service experience.

AnotherOneBitesTheDust
AnotherOneBitesTheDust 08/15/11 - 08:58 am
2 B, bad service does not

2 B, bad service does not justify walking out on your bill; just do not leave a tip

2 B just me1
2 B just me1 08/15/11 - 09:23 am
AOBTD ---well that would

AOBTD ---well that would depend as I said, on the other side of the story. In most cases that I have seen, if they were really stealing service , most likely they would sneak out or never look back and say "Ya'll can just call the cops on us, we leaving,". Working in security for years in my younger years, no one ever said to me ,I'm walking out and I'm not paying for this service.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/15/11 - 09:26 am
2 B is doing good to think

2 B is doing good to think outside the box. It is a long-standing tradition that if a meal served is bad, you do not pay. Now, mind you, you have to use common sense. If you consume most of the meal and then claim it is bad, you should pay. But if you are served, take a few bites and it is bad, tell the server and give the chef one try to make it better. If the attempt to rectify is not to your satisfaction, you can refuse to pay.

Butterfly83
Butterfly83 08/15/11 - 09:28 am
If they sat and ate ALL their

If they sat and ate ALL their food, then they should have paid, if they had just started eating and were unhappy with the service or quality, then I think they should be able to walk out w/o paying........ just sayin.....

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 08/15/11 - 09:38 am
I agree with 2B. I don't

I agree with 2B.
I don't think we've heard the full story unlesss they were on drugs.

If you were going to eat and run, would you announce that you were walking out on a bill and to just call the police? I don't think so. There was a dispute. The couple should have notified the police themselves and filled a report.

harley_52
harley_52 08/15/11 - 09:39 am
"Staff" did a poor job

"Staff" did a poor job reporting and publishing this one. It's not newsworthy and it is factually incomplete.

Did they complain about their food, or their service? That's an important, but missing, fact as to whether the couple did anything wrong in the first place.

Secondly, who really cares? With three wars in progress, the economy tanked, and all the other problems to worry about why is this "news?"

Third, if I'm the owner of Miyako's on the 2800 block of Washington Road, do I really want the entire CSRA reading about people walking out of my restaurant without paying and discussing why they might have done it?

GaStang22
GaStang22 08/15/11 - 09:52 am
2 B and Willow, if someone

2 B and Willow, if someone confronted them because they noticed them heading for the door and said you didn't pay, then threatened to call the cops and told them to stay put, then that is the exact response they would give. they may have tried to sneak out, doesn't mean they succeeded. Either way, its not the way to handle things and hopefully they get caught and punished. If it really was bad food or service, most would say, call the cops, but I'm not paying for this, then wait on the cops.

GaStang22
GaStang22 08/15/11 - 09:56 am
Guys if they only took a few

Guys if they only took a few bites and it was bad, most managers would remake it or not charge them for it. You don't leave without paying or waiting for them to call the cops. Now you have an arrest. Does that make sense? To me, not waiting for the cops shows me the attitude and disrespect they have so I would guess they took more than a bite and it was bad food.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/15/11 - 09:59 am
To Harley: You can always

To Harley: You can always count on lots of on-line comments on any story dealing with food or restaurants. Look at the "Most Discussed" page. This story is already up to number 5 today. That's why stories such as this get published.

GaStang22
GaStang22 08/15/11 - 09:59 am
You don't just walk out

You don't just walk out without paying Butterfly, even if it was bad, there are proper ways to handle that, do you walk out of every place you have ever been too when you ordered something that wasn't to your liking, not bad food, just something you didn't like? Or do you just pay and not go back or just not order that again? .....just sayin....

Vito45
Vito45 08/15/11 - 10:26 am
T

T

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 08/15/11 - 10:41 am
GaStang, calm down. We get

GaStang, calm down. We get how to handle things properly; we didn't walk out without paying.

We are just saying the full story has not been heard and it is very unlikely one who wishes to steal products and services does so with such great drama. There was an obvious dispute, and since none of us were present, and the story is very lacking, we don't have a clue as to what took place.

It just doesn't sound like an intentional theft to me, but an argument which resulted in poor conflict resolution on both sides.

I thought reporters were suppose to ask questions, you know, what, when, where, why, who and how?

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 08/15/11 - 10:48 am
I'm with you Harley, on the

I'm with you Harley, on the bad PR for the restaurant. Bad tempers never make good decisions.

broad street narrow mind
broad street narrow mind 08/15/11 - 10:50 am
i know the moderator of these

i know the moderator of these comments is very meticulous. i wonder what his list of words for racist includes. i feel like there are a couple commenters who get away with code words that seem pretty obvious to me.

Sweet son
Sweet son 08/15/11 - 10:51 am
Is Harley_52 our other

Is Harley_52 our other Harley? Just wondered. He makes good sense!

broad street narrow mind
broad street narrow mind 08/15/11 - 10:53 am
i mean his list of racist

i mean his list of racist words or terms. that would be interesting to see the banned words list.

copperhead
copperhead 08/15/11 - 10:56 am
broadstreetnarrowmind, you

broadstreetnarrowmind, you haven't figured out the secret code YET? You DO know the secret hand shake,don't you??

2 B just me1
2 B just me1 08/15/11 - 11:08 am
So what is it going to cost

So what is it going to cost Wei Lin to press charges? lol So he must know who walked out. I still say there is another side to this story.

Butterfly83
Butterfly83 08/15/11 - 11:26 am
GOSTANG22----- Yes, if I

GOSTANG22----- Yes, if
I orded something and it is not the quality I expected or just wrong, darn right I'm leaving!!!! But as I SAID in my comment, if they sat and ate the whole darn meal then they should have paid...... just sayin!!!!!

Ex-superintendent to write of miraculous recovery

Taking his doctor's advice, former Richmond County school superintendent Frank Roberson has nearly finished writing a 150-page book about his remarkable recovery from brain trauma.