CBS Atlanta reports that about 10 employees at PureTalk were being treated early this morning at Newton Medical Center, where a decontamination unit was set up.
Police tell Fox 5 Atlanta they are treating the case as a deliberate act, and that the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Homeland Security have been notified.
Covington Police Capt. Craig Treadwell said the employee who opened the package reported burning eyes and skin irritation.
WSB-TV reports that the employee opened the package, which contained cell phone batteries, around 2:30 a.m. Authorities said the batteries were fused together, and the white powder was released when the employee pulled them apart.