Three stabbed in fight at family gathering

Three people were stabbed at a family gathering in Cherry Tree Crossing shortly after midnight Sunday, according to a Richmond County Sheriff's Office report.

It began when a woman and a man became involved in an argument and the woman's boyfriend tried to defend her. The boyfriend began arguing with a different woman and pushed her to the ground, according to the report.

That woman's brother began fighting with the boyfriend for pushing his sister and two other men also joined the fight, according to the report.

The boyfriend pulled out a knife and cut the second woman's brother across the length of his stomach, and both men who joined in the fracas - one in the right upper chest and the other on the right rear shoulder, side and buttocks.

The wounded were taken to University Hospital. According to Richmond County Sheriff's Capt. Scott Gay, two victims were in stable condition Sunday and one was in critical condition.

Comments (47)

edubb
edubb 07/25/11 - 09:37 am

I think some people post here

I think some people post here just to rile other people up.

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 07/25/11 - 10:06 am

I think what Ilove is trying

I think what Ilove is trying to say is that insanity has no geographical location. We take ourselves with us, where ever we go...

Frankie-B
Frankie-B 07/25/11 - 10:07 am

I got nothin'...

I got nothin'...

raul
raul 07/25/11 - 10:15 am

And a good time was had by

And a good time was had by all!

ispy4u
ispy4u 07/25/11 - 10:17 am

WILLOW and ILOVE great posts.

WILLOW and ILOVE great posts. You know that violence only happen in Public Housing. You will never have crime in let's say....West Lake, Goshen.......

iLove
iLove 07/25/11 - 10:20 am

Willow seems to be the only

Willow seems to be the only level headed person here today....any Ispy.

I am sure you could google search "family gathering stabbings" and find MANY articles from ACROSS AMERICA, fron anytime period, about families having an argument that turned violent, during a gathering.

SOME PEOPLE are just facinated with Cherry Tree Crossing, as with every other article dealing with a certain group of people.

Anywho, your bubble is calling.

pgapeach2
pgapeach2 07/25/11 - 10:20 am

This is for Austin Rhodes. I

This is for Austin Rhodes. I never lived in Cherry Tree Crossings because as you put it, my mom had a mortgage to pay. Everyone one who lives there does not live rent free! One of my high school friends lived there and her mother had a job!

iLove
iLove 07/25/11 - 10:30 am

"It is a reaction of people

"It is a reaction of people that do not know how to handle disagreements and a reaction learned after several generations who think this is an acceptable way to act."

"they worried are about their government checks for August!!!"

"who was getting more "post office money" than the others?"

"ILOVE...you have won the "Dumbest Comment of the Day" award!"

"ilove, Are you defending this? Stabbings of three people is not a casual event."

"Someone has no idea how the system works."

...same ol, different day.

iLove
iLove 07/25/11 - 10:29 am

peach - they love spreading

peach - they love spreading lies to fan the flames.

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 07/25/11 - 10:44 am

We have a rule at our house,

We have a rule at our house, only one crazy person at a time. Today's my turn.

blakkone
blakkone 07/25/11 - 11:28 am

"Couldn't this have happened

"Couldn't this have happened in any American home during a family gathering... in other words let's not blow this up simply because it happened in Cherry Tree Crossings...it could have happened anywhere.
"

My previous post was out of humor but seriously, NO THIS COULD NOT HAPPEN IN ANY HOME DURING FAMILY GATHERINGS. Family members who love and respect each other barely have disagreements that escalate to arguments, much less stabbing and nearly killing. Do you understand a murder almost happened?

Also, we are not "blowing" anything up, Cherry Tree is "blowing" themselves up with the constant crime. I know not all residents commit crimes but it only takes a few to mess up the reputation of a community as a whole.

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 07/25/11 - 12:31 pm

It's just a great story to

It's just a great story to measure and compare ourselves and come up, self righteous.

Our obsession over appearances and "reputation" says that we care more for how something LOOKS and the cover up, than we do to admit how things really ARE, and get help for it.

Patty-P
Patty-P 07/25/11 - 12:39 pm

blakkone is right. There's

blakkone is right. There's always good people always mixed up with the bad. It sets the tone for everyone.

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 07/25/11 - 01:06 pm

Patty-P, it is that way

Patty-P, it is that way within each family and within ourselves.

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 07/25/11 - 01:20 pm

We are not either all good or

We are not either all good or all bad, but possess the propensity for both.

Whether I act out my good or my bad depends on many things. Most importantly, is my focus (self, others, circumstances or God), then family background/role models/peers, along with experiences, training, skills, education and mental health.

He should get full consequences for his bad behavior, no doubt. But, again, for the grace of God, there go I.

Patty-P
Patty-P 07/25/11 - 01:28 pm

Willow...I understand what

Willow...I understand what you are saying for the 'individual'. Some may see things in a different light when looking at a community. Communities do have a way of getting 'reputations' based on trends or past history (good or bad).

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 07/25/11 - 02:20 pm

Yes, Patty-P, it wouldn't be

Yes, Patty-P, it wouldn't be a neighborhood that a wise person would select to live in, that's for sure.

Patty-P
Patty-P 07/25/11 - 02:27 pm

My next door neighbor is a

My next door neighbor is a very mature and wise man, as well as his wife, yet they ended up after some years in an increasingly bad neighborhood.

emergencyfan
emergencyfan 07/25/11 - 03:39 pm

Do funerals count as family

Do funerals count as family gatherings?

Patty-P
Patty-P 07/25/11 - 03:39 pm

iLove...one isolated incident

iLove...one isolated incident at Va Tech or Norway does not equate to repeated incidents of violence in the same community.

Vito45
Vito45 07/25/11 - 03:44 pm

Ilove, if Va Tech, Norway,

Ilove, if Va Tech, Norway, et.al. had the same proportion of "nuts" as you called them, your argument would have merit. They don't, so it is safe to generalize about Cherry Tree because of the history of violence there. Those that perpetrate it gather there in much higher numbers than most anywhere else I know of, based on the crime reports from that area.
I do feel sorry for the folks that are trapped there and have to endure these goings on, but it is what it is; a place where no one is surprised there is a stabbing at a late night family gathering. We've come to expect that wheras one would be shocked to hear of that in 98% of the area neighborhoods.

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 07/25/11 - 03:57 pm

Actually, boyfriend wasn't

Actually, boyfriend wasn't part of the family, so the article is a little misleading. It doesn't appear that any persons related were violating each other; just the opposite, trying to defend their siblings.

I know if someone pushed me down, my brother would deck them, too.

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 07/25/11 - 04:10 pm

Where we live is mostly an

Where we live is mostly an economic decision. And in this situation, I don't think the residence had any particular importance to the incident. I think it is more about the personal choice of whom this lady chose to be in a relationship with.

MercadiesMX1983
MercadiesMX1983 07/25/11 - 05:01 pm

I LOVE the sarcasm this story

I LOVE the sarcasm this story is getting : ) As I have said in previous comments, Cherry Tree crossing should be closed, torn down, and the rubble burned!!! As for the free renters, GET A JOB and start contributing positively to society. It seems as if nothing good comes out of this neighborhood. Everything you hear about this neighborhood is either shootings, killings or fights... Wake up Richmond County & realize they are a DRAG on our community!

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 07/25/11 - 05:29 pm

ILove, of course there is

ILove, of course there is crime in ALL neighborhoods. BUT...you HAVE to admit that Cherry Tree Crossing is a place where NOBODY is surprised when they hear gunshots, see blood or spent bullets on the street, or see residents running and flashing police lights at any time of the day or night! It is the ghetto...the hood. A place where the police will tell you to avoid at all costs unless you have to go there. Just yesterday, I read where an infant was shot in the face by someone on the outside of the building....how many people were like me in thinking first off that they MUST be talking about it happening at Cherry Tree Crossing??

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 07/25/11 - 06:01 pm

This is really funny to me

This is really funny to me for some reason.

Brad

Vito45
Vito45 07/25/11 - 07:44 pm

Funny how? Funny that a late

Funny how? Funny that a late night dispute in a known bad section resulted in stabbings, or funny that some are generalizing about the area and others are calling foul? I just see the former as sad; we have to put up with low lifes like that among us; and I see the latter as part of the problem, some people won't call a spade a spade for fear of appearing biased.