A 23-year-old Augusta man died from multiple drug intoxication from oxycodone, cocaine and alcohol during a spring break trip to the Florida Panhandle, authorities said Thursday.
Philip Cameron Christian was staying with a group of 15 Georgia Southern University students at a home in Destin, Fla., when his friends found him in bed, not breathing, shortly after 5 a.m. on March 13.
He was taken to a hospital but died there about 10:30 a.m., the release says.
Toxicology results revealed the drugs were in his system and caused his death, according to the medical examiner's office that serves Destin.
Christian was a 2006 graduate of Westside High School.