Monkey missing from Ga. research site

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:57 AM
Last updated 5:10 PM

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — Emory University's Yerkes National Primate Research Center is focusing its search for a missing rhesus monkey close to home.

The female monkey disappeared on June 15 from the research center's 117-acre field station in Lawrenceville.

Spokeswoman Lisa Newbern says there's a strong possibility the monkey is still in or around the facility. She says the field station has received more than two dozen calls with tips suggesting where the monkey might be.

Newbern says the monkey is a social animal and would want to be with her family, meaning she may not have gone far.

If the monkey has left the grounds, she'd be close to suburban homes, schools and a Gwinnett County park.

Chillen
Chillen 06/28/11 - 09:11 am
Hmmmmmm. Ever heard of the

Hmmmmmm. Ever heard of the movie 28 Days Later?

seenitB4
seenitB4 06/28/11 - 09:21 am
This is near my

This is near my house.....about 4miles.....hurry up & find that dang monkey.......a female worker died from an infection in that workplace.
(From a monkey)....I hope the day will come when we stop using any animals for testing purposes.

Dixieman
Dixieman 06/28/11 - 10:21 am
If not caught soon, it will

If not caught soon, it will be elected to the Augusta-Richmond County Commission where it will raise the average IQ of that body by 15 points.

galaxygrl
galaxygrl 06/28/11 - 11:33 am
Dixieman, I know this isn't

Dixieman, I know this isn't facebook but can I "like" your comment?

Dixieman
Dixieman 06/28/11 - 12:28 pm
galaxygrl - of course! And

galaxygrl - of course! And thank you!!

scooter2762
scooter2762 06/28/11 - 03:14 pm
I'd like to add my "like"

I'd like to add my "like" also.