Multi-car pile up on I-20

Saturday, June 25, 2011 6:31 PM
Last updated 9:43 PM

Four successive crashes involving seven different vehicles resulted in two minor injuries on I-20 in Aiken County this evening, according to South Carolina Highway Patrol.

Patrol spokesperson Billy Elder said all of the crashes occurred near mile marker 29 around 6 p.m., but they didn't seem to be related to any unique weather or road conditions.

He said the crashes involved a car and a motorcycle, a car and a bridge, a car and an SUV, and finally an ambulance and a tow truck.

WEBBM007
WEBBM007 06/25/11 - 09:33 pm
if same one i saw, a bike's

if same one i saw, a bike's backend was under a truck at the overpass. If none was hurt i would be surpriseed.

rbndawn
rbndawn 06/26/11 - 12:17 am
Why is that most of accidents

Why is that most of accidents and pile ups in I-20 happen on SC side?? Do our neighboors need some driving lessons?? Can you tell where are the best drivers GA or SC? Is worst to drive downtown in Aiken or Augusta/Martinez?

KSL
KSL 06/26/11 - 12:31 am
Let's look at this. We don't

Let's look at this. We don't have enough information to come to a conclusion. Which direction on I-20 were the drivers headed in? Were they South Carolina drivers or Georgia drivers or were they from other states?

There is a portion of I-20 between the 2 exits to Aiken that does have design problems. It has had an unusual amount of accidents there. That is not, dawn, the fault of the the drivers.

KSL
KSL 06/26/11 - 12:37 am
There is also a very bad

There is also a very bad design problem on I-20 between the last exit on the SC side, (Martintown Road) and the river.

KSL
KSL 06/26/11 - 12:53 am
Miss Dawn, you can get off

Miss Dawn, you can get off your high horse. I learned to drive in GA and I have lived in SC for a long time. If I am involved in an accident, which state is at fault?

Marijuana-based drug works differently

Georgia Regents University and the state of Georgia have worked for months to land a marijuana-derived drug clinical trial for children with difficult seizure disorders.