'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn dies in fiery crash

Monday, June 20, 2011 11:48 AM
Last updated 5:32 PM

PHILADELPHIA -- Police say "Jackass" cast member Ryan Dunn has died of injuries sustained in a car crash in suburban Philadelphia.

West Goshen Township police say Dunn and a passenger in his 2007 Porsche died early Monday after the car left the roadway and burst into flames. The crash occurred near the Philadelphia suburb of West Chester.

Authorities say speed may have been a factor.

Dunn appeared on the MTV show that ran from 2000 to 2002 and its three big-screen adaptations. Most recently, he hosted "Proving Ground" on the G4 cable network.

A phone message left for Dunn's manager wasn't immediately returned.

Police say the passenger must still be identified.

momster59
momster59 06/20/11 - 12:29 pm
From MTV news site "In the

From MTV news site "In the last photo Dunn posted to Twitter, he and two friends are seen drinking what may be alcoholic beverages."

It has always saddened me how many kids parents let them watch him and his show and their irresponsible behaviors. RIP, I wish instead of being held up as a "hero" for your destructive behavior someone would have intervened on your behalf.

unbiased_propaganda
unbiased_propaganda 06/20/11 - 02:41 pm
Wow iLove - I'm glad not

Wow iLove - I'm glad not everyone thinks like you. No matter how many mistakes he made in his lifetime or how he died, it is still sad that a life (or lives) have been lost.

I don't condone drinking and driving, but your lack of sympathy is still not appropriate to boast about after someone's son/father/friend/etc died. Hopefully people will have more sympathy for you and your family when an unfortunate event happens to you.

justthefacts
20448
justthefacts 06/20/11 - 02:42 pm
I read this on the article

I read this on the article about beggers. Wonder who wrote it? "It is not for us to be judges against these people".

iLove
iLove 06/20/11 - 03:33 pm
yea me too

yea me too

Taylor B
Taylor B 06/20/11 - 08:55 pm
I have owned two porsches.

I have owned two porsches. They must be respected at all times.

McCormick County investigating cyclist attack

The McCormick County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate the reported attack on a bicyclist over the weekend, but has yet to find much evidence, a spokesman said Tuesday.