Athens woman linked to Rep. Weiner

New York Rep. Anthony Weiner's list of social media female friends is growing, and an Athens woman has landed in the middle of the scandal.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that Traci Nobles, 34, told The Las Vegas Sun she regrets that her information was sent to the media outlet.

Weiner, 46, has admitted sending explicit photos and messages to women online.

Nobles told the Sun that a roommate went into her Facebook account and emailed the paper a screen shot of a private conversation between her and Weiner.

stillamazed
stillamazed 06/09/11 - 09:15 am
How sad for her, poor

How sad for her, poor thing....

MadSnapper
MadSnapper 06/09/11 - 10:15 am
Because she lives in Athens,

Because she lives in Athens, does that make her a Weiner dawg?

Riverman1
Riverman1 06/09/11 - 10:38 am
What do you expect with him?

What do you expect with him? A kid grows up being called weiner has to be affected. That's why they make it legal to change your name. Few Hortenses around these days. Their family should have become Warner generations ago.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 06/09/11 - 12:45 pm
Oh, I wish I were an

Oh, I wish I were an Oscar-Meyer------!

BamaMan
BamaMan 06/09/11 - 12:54 pm
Weiner Dawg!

Weiner Dawg! Bahahahahahahahaha! I needed that!

JesusSavesAtCitiBank
JesusSavesAtCitiBank 06/09/11 - 01:50 pm
Weiner didn't lie under oath

Weiner didn't lie under oath or mislead his constituents about a piece of legislation. Weiner didn't even lie to any government officials. In a panic to preserve his year-old marriage, he lied to a frenzy-feeding press that took its eyes off issues that are infinitely more important to this nation. Why? Because sensationalism and scandal gets ratings.

America is the only country in the world that is puritanical enough to drive a highly effective politician out of office for sexting. And far too many self-righteous people who are judging Anthony Weiner in this forum lack the gene which would enable them to walk in another human being's shoes.

It is important to remember here that, without someone like Andrew Breitbart to serve as a customer for hackers like the one who got into Weiner's private files, the country could have been spared this debacle. Breitbart has a long history of targeting liberal politicians and causes, and he has made a good living at it.

The 24-hour news cycle and a press that is driven by advertising revenue rather than legitimate journalism was poised like a loaded gun at the head of Anthony Weiner. He panicked and lied to protect his wife and himself from unimaginable embarrassment. It was a mistake to do that, but I can understand why he did.

So people here seem to think that Weiner should have just immediately come clean and admitted to everything. Pretty easy to say from the cheap seats.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/09/11 - 01:59 pm
He's history. Actually serves

He's history. Actually serves the Republicans better if he stays, but the Dems know that. It's the Dems putting on the pressure for him to resign. Perverts are not very effective at driving legislation.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/09/11 - 02:17 pm
Let's see, I believe Chris

Let's see, I believe Chris Lee resigned. Gingrich is running an unsuccessful bid for President. What has that got to do with Weiner?

Chillen
Chillen 06/09/11 - 02:18 pm
jesussaves. No one has

jesussaves. No one has forgotten. Have you seen what happened to Newt's career in the last decade? Can you say "dead in the water"?

Same will happen to weiner. He's baggage for the dems now. He's history (thankfully). Not for his sexual escapades but for his lying. Who the heck does he think he is?!

JesusSavesAtCitiBank
JesusSavesAtCitiBank 06/09/11 - 02:20 pm
Lewd activity makes people

Lewd activity makes people riot, but they don't bat an eyelash when our congressmen accept MILLIONS in corporate donations. This is just another example of how brainwashed the American public has become. There are plenty of SERIOUS scandals our politicans participate in daily. A congressman sending a picture of himself in his underwear THROUGH PRIVATE MESSAGING isn't one of them.

What is with Americans and nudity?
People have reproductive parts...
Who cares?

We are way too interested in everyone's personal life in this country. I don't care if he works the streets every night as a drag queen as long as he does his job and represents the people of his district when he is at the capital.

JesusSavesAtCitiBank
JesusSavesAtCitiBank 06/09/11 - 02:22 pm
Why do we expect politicians

Why do we expect politicians to be sexual puritans, as though it were some measure of how well they can do their actual job? We don't often force politicians to resign for making false promises, or for being
incompetent at their job...yet, just let one of them step out of line
sexually even a fraction of an inch...and that's the end of their
career...it's their head on a plate. This is both ridiculous and
hypocritical.

All those of you who say this is about lying, I call BS. When was the last time a politician was forced to resign for lying to the public? If we did that, we wouldn't have a single politician left in office. This is about the mistaken idea that morality is somehow related to a person's private sex life as it pertains to mutually consenting activities

Chillen
Chillen 06/09/11 - 02:30 pm
"If we did that, we wouldn't

"If we did that, we wouldn't have a single politician left in office."

That gives me chills just thinking about it. How fabulous would that be?

And yes, for me it's about lying. I don't care if he cheats on his wife 50 times. That's between him and her.

What I have a problem with is him setting up a press conference coming on, looking in the camera and lying. He also tried to have a reporter who came to his office arrested. And all that time he KNEW he was wrong and was lying.

What a total loser jerk. Plus he's a vile, putrid human being. I've seen his interviews, the man has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. He's gotta go.

lovebugg
lovebugg 06/09/11 - 02:49 pm
Really??? Most of you act

Really??? Most of you act like you have never made a mistake & u act like you have never sexted or thought about doing it!!!! Most people have or have thought about doing something just like this.. either as an adult or indeed your younger years. If it was before cell phones im pretty sure you said something to a girl/ boy while you were "dating" &/or married to someone else!!!!! Get off your "righteous" pedestals & get a life!!!! Who cares what he does with his private life???? It has nothing to do with his job!!!!! Get over yourselves!!!! Hypocrites!!!!!

lovebugg
lovebugg 06/09/11 - 02:51 pm
*in* your younger days not

*in* your younger days not *indeed* sorry about that!!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/09/11 - 02:55 pm
LOL lovebugg.....confession

LOL lovebugg.....confession does the soul good.

JesusSavesAtCitiBank
JesusSavesAtCitiBank 06/09/11 - 03:19 pm
I wonder what we'd find if we

I wonder what we'd find if we could delve into justthefacts life? I wonder if he(she?) is as squeaky clean as they want their politicians to be????

JesusSavesAtCitiBank
JesusSavesAtCitiBank 06/09/11 - 03:29 pm
You guys are complaining that

You guys are complaining that he lied. Tell me, what choice did he have? If he had told the truth, some right wing moralist would have started criticizing him from the beginning for being morally unpure and he would have been finished. So he lied, knowing that in this falsely puritanical country, his chances for political survival were zero. He was playing for time, and chose the option that gave him a few days more. Some of you are about as naive when it comes to people and politics as a 3 year old kid. I am constantly surprised that a nation full of stupid wanna be cowboys ever managed to become the worlds number one economic power.

It angers me immensely to see America flare up in ugly hypocrisy. This has become a routine now. A famous/powerful man(lets face it, it's usually not a woman in these situations) makes a mistake and his entire country comes down on him, yelling that they themselves are perfect and that they've never done anything wrong in their lives and that he should be as moral as them. It's scumbag hypocrisy at it's worst. I wish the adults in this country would grow up and lose their damn innocence already and realize they aren't anymore perfect then Weiner is...

It's not illegal for consenting adults to engage in sexual relationships (physical, or merely by correspondence, as is the case here); Weiner had no obligation to speak to his Tweets whatsoever. That he did--and lied, in doing so--stems purely from the needs of the public, and the media, to dive into these private matters and demand answers.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/09/11 - 03:33 pm
I'm not perfect but I have

I'm not perfect but I have never sent naked photos to possibly underage girls and never cheated on my wife. I did once date a liberal...does that count?

JesusSavesAtCitiBank
JesusSavesAtCitiBank 06/09/11 - 03:40 pm
Justhefacts please tell

Justhefacts please tell exactly which law has he violated? Aside from incurring the wrath of his wife - and deservedly so - all that he has shown is that he's likes sex. He lied? Don't most politicians? He won't be an effective senator because of divorce? Do we similarly ask other politicians who happen to be divorcing to step down? Makes no sense.

Chillen
Chillen 06/09/11 - 03:58 pm
"A famous/powerful man makes

"A famous/powerful man makes a mistake....."

Makes "A" mistake?! Looks to me like he made dozens, perhaps hundreds of mistakes. Some on national television.

Yes, weiner has violated no law. But he has violated the democrat party. And they will kick him out. Count on it.

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/09/11 - 05:04 pm
OK jesus, last word on this.

OK jesus, last word on this. I am sorry I have not been able to make myself clear. I don't care about his perverted sex escapades, I don't care that he lied about it. I do not want him to resign. It's the Dems that want him to resign. All I care about is that he has been neutered. He is done. As I stated much earlier, I don't like him. I am glad he is trouble. I don't care why he is in trouble, it matters not to me.

happychimer
happychimer 06/09/11 - 06:18 pm
Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 06/09/11 - 08:47 pm
lovebug, it's called an

lovebug, it's called an "edit" button for a reason

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 06/09/11 - 08:51 pm
Citibank, love your

Citibank, love your reasoning...lying is good as long you have a good enough reason. Tell me you are no one's spouse, please. I am pretty certain, you are not a parent.

dougk
dougk 06/09/11 - 09:59 pm
happychimer....Willow told us

happychimer....Willow told us about Weiner's weiner days ago...where have you been (and how did she know)?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 06/09/11 - 10:03 pm
dougk, it was not first hand

dougk, it was not first hand knowledge. lol

Pu239
Pu239 06/09/11 - 10:05 pm
"He won't be an effective

"He won't be an effective senator because of divorce?" The Weiner is a senator now?

happychimer
happychimer 06/09/11 - 10:13 pm
doughk you did not watch the

doughk you did not watch the video. this story was reported today . a new picture of his wiener. not covered by anything

happychimer
happychimer 06/09/11 - 10:14 pm
doughk you did not watch the

dougk
dougk 06/10/11 - 04:28 am
Yes, that's what willow told

Yes, that's what willow told us about.

Cops seek stolen truck suspects

Police said the driver failed to stop for lights and siren and soon after left the road, striking a parked vehicle and then a home in the 5200 block of Silver Fox Way, according to a news release.