Motorcyclist cited in I-20 wreck

Monday, May 9, 2011 7:40 AM
Last updated 1:43 PM

A Grovetown motorcyclist was hospitalized this morning after running into the back of a car on Interstate 20.

Shortly before 6 a.m., 53-year-old Randy Crutfield, of Thomson, was driving his Honda Civic east on I-20 near the Grovetown exit. A 2009 Suzuki motorcycle, driven by Michael Dent, 42, hit the back of the car, Columbia County sheriff’s Capt. Steve Morris said.

Dent was sent to the Medical College of Georgia Hospital with a broken leg, Morris said. His condition has not yet been determined, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Crutfield was not injured.

Dent was deemed at fault in the wreck for driving too fast for conditions and following too close, Morris said

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 05/09/11 - 01:56 pm

Thank God Dent wasn't hurt worse but some of those rice rockets need to slow down.

bdouglas
bdouglas 05/09/11 - 02:40 pm
I believe "crotch rockets"

I believe "crotch rockets" was the slang term you were looking for. Rice rockets are more often what the japanese tuner cars are referred to as. Also, "Dent" seems to be quite the ironic name for one in this type of story...

Sweet son
Sweet son 05/09/11 - 03:49 pm
bd, I am with you! I call

bd, I am with you! I call them stupid so and sos on crotch rockets!! Give me a Harley rider anytime over one of those other idots!

pointstoponder
pointstoponder 05/09/11 - 05:17 pm
Sweet Son, I've witnessed

Sweet Son, I've witnessed just as much foolishness by riders with the black leather fetish.

sassylassie
sassylassie 05/09/11 - 07:49 pm
What about the person who had

What about the person who had the motorcycle accident on Alexander Drive on Friday or Saturday? I heard someone had passed away but have not seen anymore about it. I hope that the person survived. Has anyone else heard about this?

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 05/09/11 - 07:55 pm
No sassylassie, but we tried

No sassylassie, but we tried to go down Riverwatch around 4:30 and it was blocked, I assumed it was a bad accident. By the way, that was Sat.

asustudent8824
asustudent8824 05/10/11 - 12:39 am
*The correct term would be

*The correct term would be Sportbikes. Not "rice rockets" or "crotch rockets", and not all of them are idiots. Lets keep the stereotypes to yourself.

asustudent8824
asustudent8824 05/10/11 - 12:43 am
Furthermore, it is spelled

Furthermore, it is spelled "idiots"... not "idots".

saywhatagain
saywhatagain 05/10/11 - 08:32 am
It's not "idots"? I didn't

It's not "idots"? I didn't no that.

Gander Mountain opens

Outdoor retailer Gander Mountain opened at 9 a.m. Tuesday at 145 Mason McKnight Jr. Parkway, across from CarMax.