Georgia teacher arrested after stripping at school

Children had left for day, police tell Atlanta newspaper

A metro Atlanta  school teacher who may have been upset about losing his job was arrested after he disrobed at his school and walked around naked, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Harlan Porter was caught by another teacher walking the halls of B.C. Haynie Elementary School in Morrow with his clothes off, according to a police report obtained Wednesday by the AJC.

It was around 3:20 p.m. Friday, after the students had gone home, and no child saw him naked, said Capt. James Callaway of the Morrow Police Department.

"Had he been seen by students, he would have been charged with child molestation," Callaway told the AJC.

Porter, 31, was charged with public indecency and indecent exposure, and booked into the jail. By Wednesday, he was out on a $2,000 bond.

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/27/11 - 04:43 pm
That was such a disservice to

That was such a disservice to the kids. His teaching privilages should be revoked.

blackindependent
blackindependent 04/27/11 - 04:57 pm
What kids? Didn't you READ

What kids? Didn't you READ the article? It said there were NO KIDS AT THE SCHOOL! Besides, he had already lost his job!

Dixieman
Dixieman 04/27/11 - 04:57 pm
I...no, I just can't. Words

I...no, I just can't. Words fail me!

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/27/11 - 05:04 pm
Thanks Republic71....that's

Thanks Republic71....that's exactly what I meant. Whether the kids witnessed it or not, it's still a disservice.

Riverman1
82017
Riverman1 04/27/11 - 05:15 pm
The school was clothed for

The school was clothed for the day.

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/27/11 - 05:21 pm
It's still an elementary

It's still an elementary school and there is always the slight possibility that a child could have missed the bus, etc. The very idea that a person would do that and hold a teaching license is nasty.

Riverman1
82017
Riverman1 04/27/11 - 05:24 pm
Patty-P, read what I said

Patty-P, read what I said again.....carefully.

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/27/11 - 05:25 pm
I see it Riverman... ;)

I see it Riverman... ;)

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 04/27/11 - 07:11 pm
PattyP is totally correct,

PattyP is totally correct, how ridiculous of this person. Start the teaching certificate revocation process at this time.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 04/27/11 - 07:13 pm
Dixieman made a funny!

Dixieman made a funny!

fred1217
fred1217 04/27/11 - 07:21 pm
I can't wait to read

I can't wait to read tomorrow's Augusta Chronicle Editorial...President Obama's failed education policy "exposed" in Atlanta. Don't say I never helped you out Mr. Ryan. Or is tomorow pick on the Richmond County Commissioners Day? I lose track sometimes.

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/27/11 - 07:27 pm
Actually if you click the

Actually if you click the link at the bottom that says 'Read More', you will see that this man has some other issues going on. He does not belong in any school system.

sugarbutton
sugarbutton 04/27/11 - 07:46 pm
I'm sorry, but just for a

I'm sorry, but just for a second there I laughed just reading the title of the story. But, seriously...this isn't the Mardi Gras and he wasn't hanging off a balcony. What purpose did this serve unless he wanted to get locked up. And you're right, perhaps school had ended for the day, but you never know when someone may stop to see someone still at the school and have a little one in tow. I have a 3 yr old that goes lots of places and would be a little upset if we walked up on a man walking around naked.Mylittle one would say: You're not supposed to have your clothes off at school mister.

cristinadh
cristinadh 04/27/11 - 08:11 pm
this show how burned out

this show how burned out teachers are!!

freeradical
freeradical 04/28/11 - 05:47 am
I thought such discrimination

I thought such discrimination againest a homosexual teacher's

celebration of his own sexuality could never happen in a progressive city

like Atlanta.

Our children need to be exposed to all forms of sexuality , (homosexual,

transgendered, etc,etc, at the earliest possible ages.

Never thought Augusta would be ahead of Atlanta on this educational

issue.

I think they should all be enrolled in Augusta State's fine homosexual

counseling program where the will learn to celebrate all forms of sexual

expression in an academic setting.

greenapples
greenapples 04/28/11 - 06:36 am
Riverman and 1313 ... yall

Riverman and 1313 ... yall crack me up! This story though is not funny in the least. It is so sad that you have to worry about things such as this when you send your children to school everyday.

kmb413
kmb413 04/28/11 - 10:18 am
You cannot have a felony and

You cannot have a felony and be a teacher.

kmb413
kmb413 04/28/11 - 10:19 am
Georgia teacher 'stripped' of

Georgia teacher 'stripped' of teaching lisence.

billcass
billcass 04/28/11 - 02:40 pm
Showing off his Longfellow.

Showing off his Longfellow.

corgimom
corgimom 04/28/11 - 07:21 pm
"he wanted everybody to be

"he wanted everybody to be free now that his third eye was open."

"I then explained the obvious problem with his third eye being opened in public,"

That was hilarious!

Holiday will see cops, cheap gas

Authorities in Georgia and South Carolina are teaming up this weekend to target impaired drivers and protect the 1.2 million motorists in the two states who plan to travel in what AAA projects ...