Parent charged with assaulting teacher

A Meadowbrook Elementary parent was arrested at the Law Enforcement Center early Tuesday morning, five days after she had to be restrained while trying to attack a teacher at the school.

Vontrice Walker, 37, of Hephzibah, was charged with two counts of simple assault and one count of disrupting a public school. Witnesses told police that Walker came to the school a little before 3 p.m. Thursday and was screaming "Let me get her" while trying to get to a teacher during class.

The teacher told police that Walker walked into the classroom and asked for change for $100, then the teacher asked Walker to step outside the classroom to discuss a class party. As the teacher walked to the office, Walker began yelling at the teacher and eventually had to be restrained by a faculty member and another male parent.

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/26/11 - 08:59 pm
Setting a fine example for

Setting a fine example for the students. Lovely.

Chillen
Chillen 04/26/11 - 09:15 pm
Nice going Vontrice. Your

Nice going Vontrice. Your kids must be so proud of you.

Robberies, shootings, beatings at McDonalds, now beating of a teacher. What is going on?!

Patty-P
Patty-P 04/26/11 - 09:24 pm
@ chillen...must be something

@ chillen...must be something in the water on the southside.

alycias
alycias 04/26/11 - 10:36 pm
No, Patty-P: I think its in

No, Patty-P: I think its in the water at ALL the Richmond County Schools, as well as in the water of the administration bldg! PS. I am a previous Richmond County certified teacher of 4+ yrs. and thank God I am gone from there!

aubaug
aubaug 04/26/11 - 10:52 pm
And HOW did this woman get

And HOW did this woman get past the Main Office without being stopped or questioned? Glad she wasn't in possession of a weapon!

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 04/27/11 - 12:22 am
Aubaug, you can't blame the

Aubaug, you can't blame the main office for an out of control parent at 3pm...it can happen any day of the week in any school, or anywhere for that matter. People need to accept personal responsibility and acountibility for their actions...no one is to blame but this parent.

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 04/27/11 - 12:54 am
I know the feeling..sometimes

I know the feeling..sometimes you just want to get your hands on somebody..

corgimom
corgimom 04/27/11 - 02:38 am
For that child's sake, I hope

For that child's sake, I hope that the mother gets the help that she so desperately needs.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/27/11 - 04:38 am
How many people can Columbia

How many people can Columbia county handle....ya know they're coming!

fatboyhog
2082
fatboyhog 04/27/11 - 05:29 am
Maybe they need to throw in

Maybe they need to throw in "Disrupting a Public School" as well. This woman should not be allowed within 500 feet of that school ever again. Too bad if her child has a function there. I guess some people are just used to yelling, screaming, and threatening to get their way. Didn't quite work out for ya this time, did it, Vontrice?

cristinadh
cristinadh 04/27/11 - 05:38 am
The point to this is that

The point to this is that teacher do not get any respect at all from the students or parents... the kids are just following the fine example from the parents...

iLove
iLove 04/27/11 - 07:30 am
@Patty-P - c'mon. . . is it

@Patty-P - c'mon. . . is it JUST the south side. . .hmm. . .

One commenter said "the entire RCBOE". . . . what does a crazy @ parent have to do with RCBOE?

Another said, she/he is glad to have left RCBOE. . . .I am glad you did too. We need educators who are here for the child and not for themselves. Educating requires many sacrifices, but I feel that it is worth it. In the end, it is worth it.

saywhatagain
saywhatagain 04/27/11 - 07:35 am
I don't know why this upsets

I don't know why this upsets anyone. Since we have taught a generation of children (now adults) that we are descended from animals, why should we be surprised when one of our species acts like one? In addition, since we have dismissed the archaic notion of absolute truth, then who's to say what's right and wrong? Something may be true for you, but not necessarily for me! Has no one thought this through to its logical conclusion?

curly123053
curly123053 04/27/11 - 07:35 am
The lack of civilization in

The lack of civilization in some people is really pathetic in the last few days. In my opinion this just shows how their upbringing was. Better not say to much because the AC will ban my remarks like they did the other day.

1941
1941 04/27/11 - 08:57 am
And some people wonder what

And some people wonder what is wrong with the children of today!!!It is their parents!!! They see them acting like fools, and they act the same way..They should put her under the jail!!!!

Sweet son
Sweet son 04/27/11 - 11:08 am
We need educators who are

iLove, I know that you are taking the comments personally and that you must live in Richmond County but teachers are in their jobs to teach and earn a living. They make numerous sacrifices to be in the profession and very often spend their own money because of the lack of budgets that cover necessary items. THIS IS MY POINT! THEY ARE NOT IN SCHOOL TO BE ASSUALTED! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

Emerydan
Emerydan 04/27/11 - 02:43 pm
surprise surprise! It's a

surprise surprise! It's a school in south Augusta.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/27/11 - 02:43 pm
I sure do. My father taught

I sure do. My father taught in RCBOE years ago. He was a highly trained military man with great physical stamina and several college degrees and had done covert operations in his fields in several wars. He said NOTHING prepared him for what he found in the local middle and high schools and that includes one private school, too. He advised me not to take a teaching job in Richmond County above elementary school level, that it was too dangerous. And this was in the 70's. Seems that things have gotten worse instead of better.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/27/11 - 02:50 pm
Emerydan, it is on the

Emerydan, it is on the southside of Augusta, and the mother is from Hephzibah. What is your point? It is an alleged crime in Augusta- Richmond County and will be addressed. These crimes happen everywhere. I'd rather hear about it than it be covered up, ignored, or discounted. Bronze plaques were just stolen from Westminster Day (private) school in Augusta (NOT the southside, it's in a very well-heeled section of town). I'm glad they are not white-washing it by calling it a prank. More than likely the "looters" stole the bronze for the money they could get scrapping it. Criminals are opportunists. They will do what they think they can get away with.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/27/11 - 02:55 pm
I've lived most of my life on

I've lived most of my life on the southside of Augusta. It's not in the water; many of my classmates and neighbors (of every race and culture) have gone on to build good lives, furthered their education and skills, had strong marriages, raised good children and have excellent character traits. We don't get the Columbia County News-Times that spells out the "On the Record" reports for crime in that county. The Augusta paper is just that, the Augusta paper, not Evans. So we hear about what happens in Augusta/Richmond County!

aubaug
aubaug 04/27/11 - 04:20 pm
Asitisinaug, I am not blaming

Asitisinaug, I am not blaming the Main Office STAFF for allowing the irate parent into the elementary school. However, school districts should have adequate security measures in place to protect our children from strangers, parents (irate or otherwise), violent people, pedophiles, who choose to walk into school buildings. And it doesn't matter if it's 10:00 AM, noon, or 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Students are often present in the school building after school, participating in tutoring, clubs, helping a teacher, or playing intramural sports. As a teacher of 33 years, I hardly ever went home at the disimissal bell. I often remained in my room until 5:00, correcting work, preparing for the next day, or working on a bulletin board. I would have like to have known that I was safe! I DID feel safe where I taught! The children, teachers, and staff of the Richmond County School District deserve to feel safe! That PARENT should have been APPREHENDED before she went BEYOND the MAIN OFFICE!

Sweet son
Sweet son 04/27/11 - 04:34 pm
Good comment aubaug! You

Good comment aubaug! You wanted to teach and not be concerned if an irrate parent was going to "ASSUALT" YOU! Right?!?!

Sweet son
Sweet son 04/27/11 - 04:39 pm
aubaug, you just wanted to

aubaug, you just wanted to teach and not get assualted, right?!?! Double Post, sorry!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/27/11 - 08:42 pm
No one wants to get assaulted

No one wants to get assaulted ANYWHERE.

mahalo ke akua
mahalo ke akua 04/27/11 - 10:11 pm
Sweet son...iLove did not say

Sweet son...iLove did not say anything about assault..you did and the point you rudely stated is a no brainer and insulting . AutumnLeaves well said.

iLove I wish we had more teachers like you.

WW1949
WW1949 04/27/11 - 11:48 pm
We did not have that kind of

We did not have that kind of problem at Richmond Academy when I was there from 65, 66 and 67. It was a great school with a great heritage. Students, teachers and parents were respected and controled themselves. Votrice is just a little crazy AND BELONGS WHERE SHE IS NOW.

corgimom
corgimom 04/28/11 - 06:37 pm
Can't every teacher make

Can't every teacher make change for a $100 bill? Why not?

enpower.woman
enpower.woman 05/01/11 - 08:57 am
wow.. they deleted my post..

wow.. they deleted my post.. oh well its wasn't over any more and both the teacher and the parent was out of chartered

emergencyfan
emergencyfan 05/03/11 - 09:29 am
saywhatagain, *cha chunk*

saywhatagain,

*cha chunk* *cha chunk* *cha chunk* goes your broken record.

As someone pointed out to you on a previous post, no animals act this way. For a change, why not put forth a reasoned argument instead the same boring post over and over and over again?