Morning accident kills man, 37

Monday, April 18, 2011 12:00 PM
Last updated 12:10 PM

A morning accident on Brown Road at Cedarwood Drive has killed a Blythe man.

The victim was identified as Tony Jay Grammer, 37, of the 3600 block of Georgia Highway 88.

According to Mark Bowen, chief deputy coroner, Grammer was the only occupant of a 1993 Dodge Shadow heading east in the 1500 block of Brown Road about 7 a.m. His vehicle swerved when a car in front of him slowed to turn into a driveway, and he struck a 2004 Dodge Durango head on.

He was pronounced dead at the scene. Bowen said.

Dixieman
Dixieman 04/18/11 - 01:51 pm
Following too closely? You

You should always pay attention and drive at a speed that allows you to stop if the person in front of you stops suddenly without swerving into the other lane as seems to have happened here.
Sorry for this guy and his family.

SouthsideNorth
SouthsideNorth 04/18/11 - 02:11 pm
My kids & I drove by this

My kids & I drove by this scene on the way to school this morning & we prayed for the people involved...

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 04/18/11 - 02:15 pm
God Bless His Soul.

God Bless His Soul.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/18/11 - 02:34 pm
Maybe the police need to

Maybe the police need to monitor this road for a while. I was going west on Brown Road the other day, doing the speed limit, and a vehicle passed me like I was sitting still. They fly down this road between Hwy 56 and Old Waynesboro Road.

dougk
dougk 04/18/11 - 04:05 pm

Thank you for the driving lesson, Dixieman. Who would have known??

boomhauer
boomhauer 04/18/11 - 04:57 pm
I was on Brown road yesterday

I was on Brown road yesterday and saw a Richmond county deputy patrolling the area right where that accident happened. Unfortunately, they can't sit there 24/7 to get some people to slow down.

I agree with the comments here, I drive down that road all the time and see some people flying down the road toward 56. Not everyone speeds but the ones that do make it dangerous for everyone else on that road.

The accident and the guy losing his life is a tragedy. Prayers to his family.