Woman says someone stole piggy bank

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 10:34 AM
Last updated 10:38 AM

An Augusta woman called deputies after she said two people robbed her child’s piggy bank.

The 26-year-old mother said there was $50 in the bank when she left the two subjects in her apartment on Richmond Hill Road, according to a Richmond County Sheriff’s report.

When she returned late Monday night, the money was gone. The woman said she wished to press charges.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 04/05/11 - 10:58 am
This is pretty low, stealing

This is pretty low, stealing from a child's piggy bank.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/05/11 - 11:18 am
All the little foxes are

All the little foxes are raiding the hen houses, probably to fuel up to go on the lamb. Maybe it got to dangerous for them around here because of Operation Fox Hunt, especially since the hounds are still loose...Arooooo.

Einstein
Einstein 04/05/11 - 11:51 am
No signs of forced entry?

No signs of forced entry?

follower 04/05/11 - 05:26 pm
Why did she leave 2

Why did she leave 2 "subjects" in the apartment? I'm no Columbo, but I'll bet it was one of them.

Perhaps she should choose her "subjects" more carefully next time.

corgimom
corgimom 04/05/11 - 07:11 pm
She needs to pick better

She needs to pick better friends.

spotted_assassin
spotted_assassin 04/06/11 - 07:01 am
...a piggy bank

...a piggy bank story....REALLY? Only on MASTERS week would something like this even be posted! SMDH!

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/06/11 - 09:34 am
Uh oh, Richmond Hill Road

Uh oh, Richmond Hill Road apartments...what do you expect? I grew up in that area...it's not middle class anymore. Precisely the reason I left.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/06/11 - 09:39 am
Yeh bamaman....I grew up

Yeh bamaman....I grew up around that area too......great -clean--safe--rode bikes around Richmnd Hill-Lumpkin-Fleming area.....wishful thinking on my part.....but wouldn't it be nice to see it like it used to be..

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/06/11 - 10:19 am
Yes, seenitB4. Gone are those

Yes, seenitB4. Gone are those days that we (and our kids) could do that. Say what you want, but fact is fact. When it came school time for our kids, Columbia County added us to the map.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/06/11 - 10:31 am
I understand....I went

I understand....I went through the trying times of the 70s....went to the meetings just trying to keep neighborhood schools .......amazing that NOONE wins in the end.....just like medical care methods won't be the answer for all either....the very rich will always have great medical care--private schools & the middle class will pay for all of the experiments in class warfare.......I think it's time for the middle class to stir the pot....some call it the"tea pot"......I just call it "sick & tired"of getting the short end of the stick.

corgimom
corgimom 04/06/11 - 10:46 am
The duck was formerly named

The duck was formerly named Lucky.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/06/11 - 06:14 pm
As long as it isn't called A

As long as it isn't called A L'Orange. As for the neighborhood, there are still doctors, lawyers, educators and other professionals living in the area. I know many of them personally and most of them through the two neighborhood associations I belonged to.